Kirk Hammett Interview, Greeny Content

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
"this is the aspect of Greeny not a lot of people know about" ...uh, no - that's the MAIN thing about Greeny people know about lol. He's quite an animated person, isn't he? Time to go snap the neck on my LP lol. Really impressed with the acoustic resonance unplugged -that's very cool. Thanks for posting!

ConspicuousHippo

Reaction score
Anyone catch what riff Kirk was playing when he said that the tone is that of the recording? Thanks.

chasenblues

Reaction score
Was he coked up or is he always like that?
I wondered if he maybe had a couple adult beverages before the interview.

Then again i've never heard/watched him being interviewed before so i don't know what he sounded like to begin with.

joff

Reaction score
Kirk had definitely been smokin' something! :cool2:

larryguitar

Reaction score
I like how his wife went in to the house and got 'all' the guitars, then he went back and got some more. His house apparently breeds vintage guitars.

Larry

cmjohnson

Reaction score
Kirk was giving off that "crazy cat lady" vibe.

Anybody who's able to collect instruments that are so highly valuble and historic should give serious consideration to dropping a measly few tens of thousands of dollars on a large, secure, and extremely fireproof vault for them that will keep the contents safe even if the world burns down around it. Oh, and situate it high enough above the ground that the odds of it getting flooded out are essentially zero, too. Put it several feet above the highest recorded flood stage in that area and whatever you do, don't park your guitar collection down river of any dam.

Richard L

Reaction score
Gary flipped the neck pickup. Kirk turned 180 degrees like Peter Green.