King of Leon cancel tour- Calebs lost it

moodyedge

Reaction score
Drugs and booze strike again, I suspect he has lost more than his voice which formed part of the excuse for ditching the Dallas gig.

The official reason was due to Caleb Followill suffering from "heat exhaustion and dehydration" causing his "vocal chords to seize".

Now thats what I call PR speak.

Kings of Leon's cancelled US tour could cost up to $15 million.

_54373701_012371290-1.jpg

The band pulled out of 29 scheduled dates in North America earlier this week citing exhaustion and voice problems on the part of lead singer Caleb Followill, which could lead to their insurers, Lloyds of London, landing a bill running into tens of millions as promoters and concert venues claim for lost revenues.

Industry figure Dennis Arfa - who is an agent for Metallica, Billy Joel and Rod Stewart - claims "exhaustion," is not likely giving the full picture. He told RollingStone.com: "Well, I mean, it tells me stuff is going on. Something's not right, obviously. Exhaustion is a label. It doesn't tell you the detail - just says 'exhaustion.' Exhaustion usually means you have issues going on beyond just being physically tired. It's a convenient label."

Problems in the band appeared to surface after Caleb cut the band's set short in Dallas, Texas, last Friday complaining of the heat and his voice. The band's bassist, Jared Followill, later tweeted: "There are internal sicknesses and problems that have needed to be addressed. I can't lie, there are problems in our band bigger than not drinking enough Gatorade."

It has also been rumoured the rest of the group - Caleb's brothers Jared and Nathan, and their cousin Matthew Followill - have urged the singer to go to rehab. A source told USmagazine.com: "They are trying to get Caleb to go to rehab. It is mostly for alcohol."

A second source added: "It's true. Caleb's drinking is out of control and they are trying to get him into rehab. It's a dark demon he has been fighting for awhile."
...................................................................................................

The cancellation comes three days after frontman Caleb Followill left the stage during a show in Dallas, Texas.

He said he was no longer able to sing because of "heat exhaustion and dehydration".

But his brother, bassist Jared Followill, said in a tweet that the band has "internal sicknesses & problems" that go beyond dehydration.

"I can't lie," he wrote. "There are problems in our band bigger than not drinking enough Gatorade."

Drummer Nathan Followill added in a separate Twitter message: "Not so good morning 4 me today. Ashamed & embarrassed by last night's fiasco."

The cancellation of the US tour was announced in a statement by the Nashville-based band on Monday.

It said the band members were "devastated, but in order to give their fans the shows they deserve, they need to take this break".

The band are to return to the road in Vancouver, Canada, on 28 September. The cancelled shows will not be rescheduled.

"Thanks to all our true fans for understanding and helping us through this hard time," Caleb Followill said on Twitter.

Kings of Leon's costly tour cancellation - News, Music - The Independent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14367943

g60_dave

Reaction score
Such a fantastic band who realised 2 timeless records, then made a pop record and went huge. Nothing they have done since 2008 has interested me, but he Ain't right. Just got married too. Get well soon Caleb.

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They're good, but he's a douche.

g60_dave

Reaction score
Are they big in the US? They are MASSIVE in Europe.

b3john

Reaction score
Remember when Meatloaf couldn't sing on stage, then got over it only to find that the music world had passed him by? :naughty:

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Im not a KOL fan and loathed covering their music but generically I will say, if you cant handle your addictions and keep them in check, you have no business selling tickets.

Username1

Reaction score
well that's what entertainment insurance is for-- can't blame the dude for needing to get better

the white stripes canceled a tour i had tickets to-- i can assure you the world didn't end

b3john

Reaction score
Im not a KOL fan and loathed covering their music but generically I will say, if you cant handle your addictions and keep them in check, you have no business selling tickets.
True enough, though in that case the business is full of people who have no business being "in business" and it's pretty much always been that way.

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Are they big in the US? They are MASSIVE in Europe.

Yeah. They're pretty big here.

I think their relation to hipsters is more than overstated, however...

Now if we could get Muse to do the same thing i will be a happy camper. "theses" bands make my balls crawl back up inside me.

Muse is great dude...

What the hell is it with you people? You don't like Muse, you don't like KOL, you don't like The Smiths, and a crapload of you bag on Jack White... Does your music have to have big balls and motorcycle tatoos or something? Do you forget Page and Clapton aren't exactly macho pricks either?

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
What the hell is it with you people? You don't like Muse, you don't like KOL, you don't like The Smiths, and a crapload of you bag on Jack White... Does your music have to have big balls and motorcycle tatoos or something? Do you forget Page and Clapton aren't exactly macho pricks either?
If I'm not a fan of something, it doesn't mean it sucks. It's just not what I do or prefer listening to, thats all. I'm not personally a KOL fan, I found their writing to be boring. What do I know? They wrote a few hits, and I've written none. One thing for sure, they have no business selling tickets if they cant keep their addictions in check, and that goes for acts I like, too.

PSM

Reaction score
Sucks to hear. I don't know much of their music but for me it's sad to hear about any successful band of real musicians going down the tubes these days for any reason.

moodyedge

Reaction score
Muse is great dude...

:laugh2:

Believe it or not, there are thousands of bands that people dont like The fact that you think they are somehow damaged because people slate them here or anywhere is EDIT- ENTERTAINING.

People will like what they want to like whether you like it or not.

you people?

Who people?

Blanket statement number 1.

macho pricks either?

Blanket statement number 2.

I dont even think that you know what it is that your actually talking about? But Im probably wrong.

big balls and motorcycle tatoos or something?

Blanket statement number 3.

Id like to know what that "something" is you speak of :thumb:

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If I'm not a fan of something, it doesn't mean it sucks. It's just not what I do or prefer listening to, thats all. I'm not personally a KOL fan, I found their writing to be boring. What do I know? They wrote a few hits, and I've written none. One thing for sure, they have no business selling tickets if they cant keep their addictions in check, and that goes for acts I like, too.

I wasn't referring to you. I'm referring to the people who shit all over bands.

You make a good point. People really should be professional when there are expectation to adhere to.

Latest Threads