King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
I’ve seen this name at record stores over the past few years and wrote them off as some joke band. Holy shit the joke’s on me!!

These cats are crazy talented and their music is complicated as f*ck! They are kinda hipsters but holy what talent!! It’s not for everyone...it’s psychedelic prog or something.

Anyone else dig these cats?

lancpudn

Reaction score
I’ve seen this name at record stores over the past few years and wrote them off as some joke band. Holy shit the joke’s on me!!

These cats are crazy talented and their music is complicated as f*ck! They are kinda hipsters but holy what talent!! It’s not for everyone...it’s psychedelic prog or something.

You took the words out of my mouth, Yes I like them they remind me of some 60/70's prog rock bands.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda Doors meets Ram Jam. :)

Walt_T

Reaction score
The comments I would have made have already been made. Those guys have done some studying. Great band.

VerbalPuke

Reaction score
My buddies next door love these guys, and they are really good. They just went and saw them last summer here. They have a large catalog of stuff to check out also.

I think they are associated with a band called the Murlocks.

rogue3

Reaction score
Rock arrangements don't have to be stupid.A definite eastern/scale/arrangement influence in there.
turkish.western meld.
I could dig playing in a band like that.

James R

Reaction score
I didn’t have time to watch that earlier, so I refrained from posting until I did.

Wow, those guys are talented and tight!
I think I’ll have to listen to a little more of their stuff before I can really say if they’re for me or not, but there’s no denying how good they are.

pnuggett

Reaction score

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who don't understand the Beatnik language.

Dig: to understand

Cat: cool person; beatnik, also cool jazz musician

stringbender11

Reaction score
Pretty cool, must be neat tpo see them in person. I always wonder..how do people like that find each other to form a band like that?

Latest Threads