kind of feels like Junior High School

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
And honest, rock music would be very different if this had come out in the CD or streaming era. The visual of this album changed everything. Live performance was forever altered by this band, and this picture was the catalyst. Maybe the coolest album cover ever, regardless of your opinion of the band

krauley

Reaction score
And honest, rock music would be very different if this had come out in the CD or streaming era. The visual of this album changed everything. Live performance was forever altered by this band, and this picture was the catalyst. Maybe the coolest album cover ever, regardless of your opinion of the band

View attachment 392847
had this one but have to say that the iron maiden album covers ruled all others

Dave_W

Reaction score
Google "Jo Jo Gunne Jumping The Gunne album cover."

A tiny CD foldout would never have done that justice.

Malikon

He got joo joo eyeballs
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
20190714_170217_50.jpg

Dug through my parents basement where they have had boxes of albums untouched for like 30 years. Found some neat stuff like original Led Zeppelin 1 (listening to it now).

Asia, Triumph, Molly Hatchett, Elvis, Def Leopard, The Police... some i grabbed because the covers were interesting like Reo Speedwagon and Loverboy. I'll hear what they sound like later. Even found some old 50s records of my late Grandma's. And lots of 45s. I grabbed everything that looked interesting.

Neat afternoon. It's neat listening to an album that physically is older than me.

History on vinyl.

krauley

Reaction score
View attachment 392995

Dug through my parents basement where they have had boxes of albums untouched for like 30 years. Found some neat stuff like original Led Zeppelin 1 (listening to it now).

Asia, Triumph, Molly Hatchett, Elvis, Def Leopard, The Police... some i grabbed because the covers were interesting like Reo Speedwagon and Loverboy. I'll hear what they sound like later. Even found some old 50s records of my late Grandma's. And lots of 45s. I grabbed everything that looked interesting.

Neat afternoon. It's neat listening to an album that physically is older than me.

History on vinyl.
That would be cool to look through a bunch of albums not knowing what they sounded like or if they were at all something you would want to listen to. Oh yeah lots of us old people did that too but at a record store and we had to pay for them. Seriously though, enjoy the journey (trip or if you want to listen to journey) and play as much stuff as you can, you never know!

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
View attachment 392995

History on vinyl.
We used to listen to my uncle’s 78s. The damn things were like clay tablets and stored on shelves attached to the cement walls of his basement. He figured that was as stable a place to protect them. It worked for at least 30 years until the town did major road work out side his house and those shelves pancaked destroying the entire lot.

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
View attachment 392995

History on vinyl.
One thing to remember, a lot of those bands were really fresh back then. When we first heard some of those they were different than what we had heard before. So don’t laugh to hard at us geezers.
Signed,
a guy who played a lot of Loverboy covers in clubs,

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Junior High was when I learned what "blue balls" are. As awful as they may be, they are better than no contact with the other sex. The music was great, the girls were decent (perhaps too decent) and I learned the ropes.