kind of feels like Junior High School

krauley

Reaction score
Getting music in 14 minute portions, having to get up and move the needle if you hated a song and having to pack up the record, did keep you engaged.
but one good thing though, that when you are high as a kite and because you didnt want to get up you gave songs a listen to that you may not have because of that reason. at least ive heard that before :naughty:

defcrew

Reaction score
I cannot hear Jeff Beck's "Good Bye Pork Pie Hat" without cringing waiting for the spot it used to skip and repeat the same lick over and over. I've got hundreds of albums but have not played one in years. I don't hear the better sound everyone talks about and I spent many an hour listening to them and staring at the covers and reading everything about it. Kind of cool experience in and of itself but, yeah, the expense and inconvenience thing is not inaccurate.As a youngblood all my $ went to albums with a long wish list on a note pad in my room. I think the first album I ever bought was More of the Monkees!:laugh2:

Scooter2112

Reaction score
:laugh2: yeah,... nah.

I was looking at the Audio Technica and U-Turn Orbit ones.

Still need speakers and a preamp too. I'm not trying to spend $1,000. on a big stereo, just something cool for the table top that's better than what I have now.

What I have is working fine but I know it can get better, it's just a matter of balancing needs and budgets. I don't need a 'Gibson' turntable.

My Dad has all this good equipment in the basement of his house in storage I could probably use, but it's all enormous. I just don't want stuff that huge that requires furniture and stuff,... speakers that are 4' tall. :laugh2:

I was looking at stuff like ...

View attachment 392501

View attachment 392502

I like how the Orbit one is just super simple and clean looking
All this talk about vinyl again and you've got me thinking about picking up a turntable. Audio Technica is headquartered about 3 miles from my house, and they have a 2 day factory super sale once or twice a year where pretty much everything is discounted and sold at the factory. Haven't been to one of those sales yet, but something like a turntable might get me in the door.

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
:laugh2: yeah,... nah.

I was looking at the Audio Technica and U-Turn Orbit ones.

Still need speakers and a preamp too. I'm not trying to spend $1,000. on a big stereo, just something cool for the table top that's better than what I have now.

What I have is working fine but I know it can get better, it's just a matter of balancing needs and budgets. I don't need a 'Gibson' turntable.

My Dad has all this good equipment in the basement of his house in storage I could probably use, but it's all enormous. I just don't want stuff that huge that requires furniture and stuff,... speakers that are 4' tall. :laugh2:

I was looking at stuff like ...

View attachment 392501

View attachment 392502

I like how the Orbit one is just super simple and clean looking
The Orbit is a true bargain at its price. Could use a cartridge upgrade, but its a solid high end table for low end $$$

If the budget allows, this might be the biggest bang for the buck in all of audio, with the exception of Grado SR-65 cans, which everybody should own at $79 a pair.

$399 Pro-Ject Debut Carbon including Ortofon 2M Red cartridge---serious high end gear for super cheap

KP11520

Reaction score

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
For the other point of view, I just wanted to say I celebrated the death of vinyl and never, ever want to go back.

Seriously, what’s good about 14 to 22 minutes of music at a time before you have to physically get up and change it or turn it over? “It’s your turn to change the record” is as boring and mind numbing as “whose getting the next beer?”

The other hate causing thing about vinyl is its fragility. Firstly, no one will treat your vinyl or your turntable as carefully and respectfully as you do. Secondly, no matter how careful you are, some of your much loved records are gonna get scratched. From that day forward that album is going to remind you - every damn time you put it on - that it is wrecked and you are a dumbass.

Cheers

KP11520

Reaction score
Well..... It is the same price as the Orbit Special package.

All I can say is buy only components that you won't lose much as you gradually upgrade. It will happen.

You have that whole place to yourself and there's nothing better than listening to a quality setup as loud as you want and not have to hear about it.

When I sold my house in 2002, I haven't had that luxury and you have no idea how much I miss it. Being surrounded with music for may years much of the time, really made me happier to the core. Especially when you start acquiring better equipment and you hear things you never heard before. Then finding upgrades that get your setup more musical and not too much money for the peak of value. Nice problem to have.

You'll see.....errrrr......HEAR! LOL

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
The other hate causing thing about vinyl is its fragility. Firstly, no one will treat your vinyl or your turntable as carefully and respectfully as you do. Secondly, no matter how careful you are, some of your much loved records are gonna get scratched.
NO ONE ever touches my Vinyl or my Turntable and it's always been that way...my stuff, I'm the DJ.