Kind of a NGD...the "one that got away" but came back - 95 Studio Wine Red

integra evan

Reaction score
1995 Les Paul Studio wine red with gold hardware. Got this guitar back in 2007, had it for 11 years, got it completely stock and did many different mods to it over the years, creme plastics, all sorts of knobs, different pickup combos, the latest being Sheptone AB Custom pickups, Bourns 500k pots and PIO caps from toneman. Put countless playing hours on it and quite a few scratches and dings along the way. Had a headstock crack that was professionally repaired that never budged (originally bought it that way). Workhorse killer guitar that played and sounded amazing with the sheptones. I traded it a couple years ago for a 2017 Traditional, which was a nice guitar. Was happy with the trade, but always wondered where the Studio ended up...I've had a few Studios since then (newer models, 2007, and a couple 2013s) but they didn't last long because they didn't even come close to my 95. Well, to keep the story simple, the 95 resurfaced again quite locally and is back with me. Exactly the way I left it, too, which is nice. In fact, I think it's the same strings from a couple years ago lol.

20190711_171228-3024x2268.jpg
20190711_171116-3024x2268.jpg
20190711_171108-3024x2268.jpg
20190711_171412-2268x3024.jpg

20190711_124648-2268x3024.jpg

Last edited:

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
1995 Les Paul Studio wine red with gold hardware. Got this guitar back in 2007, had it for 11 years, got it completely stock and did many different mods to it over the years, creme plastics, all sorts of knobs, different pickup combos, the latest being Sheptone AB Custom pickups, Bourns 500k pots and PIO caps from toneman. Put countless playing hours on it and quite a few scratches and dings along the way. Had a headstock crack that was professionally repaired that never budged (originally bought it that way). Workhorse killer guitar that played and sounded amazing with the sheptones. I traded it a couple years ago for a 2017 Traditional, which was a nice guitar. Was happy with the trade, but always wondered where the Studio ended up...I've had a few Studios since then (newer models, 2007, and a couple 2013s) but they didn't last long because they didn't even come close to my 95. Well, to keep the story simple, the 95 resurfaced again quite locally and is back with me. Exactly the way I left it, too, which is nice. In fact, I think it's the same strings from a couple years ago lol.
I'll get more pics when I get it home, here's just a quick pic

View attachment 392050
That’s just outstanding,brother!

brianbzed

Reaction score
I'll get more pics when I get it home, here's just a quick pic

View attachment 392050
cool! those 90's Studios were superior guitars!....maximum bang for the buck!....always on the lookout for a bargain on one!

Rozman62

Reaction score
I have the same guitar but made in 1991. I've had a few different pups in it. Currently have 490's in it. Your guitar is much better condition than mine. I green scotch brite the back of my neck periodically to keep it smooth. The ebony fret board is awesome. Mine weighs in at 10.4#. Other than pups mine is stock.

integra evan

Reaction score
I have the same guitar but made in 1991. I've had a few different pups in it. Currently have 490's in it. Your guitar is much better condition than mine. I green scotch brite the back of my neck periodically to keep it smooth. The ebony fret board is awesome. Mine weighs in at 10.4#. Other than pups mine is stock.
There are lots of scratches and dings on the back and the edges that arent shown in the pictures. It's funny, years ago I took some steel wool to the back of the neck. Over the years it has glossed back up though, but it feels smooth. This has a rosewood board, just looks dark in the pictures. Lots of wear on the fretboard to where it has permanently changed to a different shade lol, kind of neat. I have never weighed this guitar, but it's around the 9 pound mark I'm guessing.

Last edited:

integra evan

Reaction score
Thanks! I weighed it last night, 8 pounds 14 ounces. Even though the pickups and pots and everything was left the same exact way, it sounds better this time around. Better than my Traditional, and just as good as my R8.