Kill it with fire

Friedl

Reaction score
SG-Teor
This is like glueing a handle to an iPhone. There Gibsons with neck dive problems (thunderbirds come to mind) but I’ve never had that problem with their thin double cuts. This thing, though… ugh.

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not carve the bevels into a Tele Deluxe and put a Warmouth 24 3/4" neck on it?

sonar1

Reaction score
I’ll wait for the Mako-II bolt-neck contract made Indonesian version.
5 kilobucks is above my weight cla$$.

• Haha
Reactions: Who

Dolebludger

Reaction score
There was a way to fix neck dive back in 1961. Gibson put that heavy, non-functional side pull tem on the back of the guitar. The trem didn't do much and never returned to tune. You got one -- whether you wanted it or not -- on the Standards and Customes. BTW, I have a one owner 61 LP SG standard with that hious trem. No neck dive at all! IMHO SG bodies have lways been too light weight -- not for balance so much as for tone.

LSAR

Reaction score
I don't see the issue. G&L have done similar, Fender have longer ago, so what? I like a Tele, I like SGs...I never keep SGs. Having owned over half a dozen, some Gibson and some not so much the neck dive has always been an issue amongst a couple other things.

Godin's newer Radium is on my list though, for a whole lot less. Doesn't have the polish and bevels, but doesn't have the price tag either. I think this would look a lot sharper with a 3 on a side type of headstock, but I'd rock it hard as is.

endial

Reaction score
I don't see the issue. G&L have done similar, Fender have longer ago, so what? I like a Tele, I like SGs...I never keep SGs. Having owned over half a dozen, some Gibson and some not so much the neck dive has always been an issue amongst a couple other things.

Godin's newer Radium is on my list though, for a whole lot less. Doesn't have the polish and bevels, but doesn't have the price tag either. I think this would look a lot sharper with a 3 on a side type of headstock, but I'd rock it hard as is.
Had to look that up.

Wow.

bum

Reaction score
I really really like it, and dig the headstock too.

mdubya

Reaction score
Doesn't do anything for me.

Once I met the non-reverse Firebird, I had found my ultimate SG replacement.

I still love SGs, though.

Dilver

Reaction score
Kinda Looks like a PRS Starla. But I applaud them for continuing to innovate. They can’t just make a gazillion versions of the same body styles forever. Everyone pissed on the Gibson Modern Doublecut when it first came out. I really didn’t want to like it but I tried one at The Music Zoo a few years back and it was amazing. It was expensive, but I was really impressed. Gibson can do great things but mostly at the Custom Shop level.

Who

Well respected man about town
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last time Gibson tried innovation it led to a thousand guitars being run over with a bulldozer.

2777BDF4-B7C9-4715-9C1A-5F518B28C89B.jpeg

They can’t just make a gazillion versions of the same body styles forever.
Don’t tell the acoustic world.... they’d be sad to hear that.

Buffalo

Reaction score
SG-Teor
This is like glueing a handle to an iPhone. There Gibsons with neck dive problems (thunderbirds come to mind) but I’ve never had that problem with their thin double cuts. This thing, though… ugh.
Since Fender teases Gibson fans with their 'Parallel Universe' Troublemaker Teles often nicknamed "Les Tele", this looks like a nice way to turn the table and tease Fender Fans with a Telecaster lookalike.

Reactions: Who

Latest Threads