Kevin Smith produced a new He-Man show for Netflix

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Only 5 episodes so far but i watched them last night. They're pretty cool. A modern take for sure, a bit more serious (there is death), kind of neat. Modern nostalgia.

I only checked it out because of Smith's involvement, but I loved He-Man toys and cartoons as a kid so it's pretty cool revisiting it with a more serious tone. Skeletor is really cool now, (no spoilers) but Kevin Smith definitely took some liberties and did some really cool new things with old characters.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
In the first episode Skeletor is murdering people and making jokes about it. I was like, <settling in> ... "go on ..."

:laugh2:

Picked up this guy today while out shopping..

20210730_220432-1.jpg

g0ldr4k3

Reaction score
I found it FANTASTIC! a new take for sure, in some way predictable but very likable! I love the new Teela.
watch the "aftershow" in netflix, you can see a lot of actors talking about their part and yes, Mark Hamill is the voice of Skeletor.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Only 5 episodes so far but i watched them last night. They're pretty cool. A modern take for sure, a bit more serious (there is death), kind of neat. Modern nostalgia.

I only checked it out because of Smith's involvement, but I loved He-Man toys and cartoons as a kid so it's pretty cool revisiting it with a more serious tone. Skeletor is really cool now, (no spoilers) but Kevin Smith definitely took some liberties and did some really cool new things with old characters.
I stopped at "he-man toys"...

:rofl:

:fingersx:

;)

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
I think there will be a lot of TEELA toys this time ;)
I still have an unopened 1982 Teela fig......stowed away from my last move but I know I didn't lose her. Some bubble browning but still has the comic book inside it too!

Will have to check it out (the series) , as I can say I'm an OG He-Man MOTU fan. They were like my Conan but not 'Conan' action figures because in 1983 you couldn't get a Conan action figure....so He-Man had to suffice!! And Blackstar wasn't cuttin it.....

Stupid how there was some law that said you couldn't release action figures without some tie-in to 'something' in those early 80's toys days. I have a few OG motu figus still but I threw out a lot...same as my OG star wars ones...but I was fortunate enough to get my hands on some vintage graded OG sw figs!

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds interesting.. He-Man was my dude, when I was a little dude. Still have the complete original series on DVD box set and have yet to get through all of it.. those episodes were looooong.. top notch old school Japanese animation.. been meaning to get the OG Transformers too.. Go-Bots were ghey lol:laugh2:

TheWelder

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll have to check this out.

He-Man was my favorite cartoon and toy line as a kid. They were so cool. Always loved Trap Jaw…and Panthor…and Tri-Klops. Basically, all the villains were awesome characters.

Crotch

Skippy Handleman
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember the Moss Man figure was mossy.

1628089749022.png

ArchEtech

Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It’s a complete train wreck.

He Man is replaced with woke SJW, LGBQT female protagonist.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
it's Teela and she's not SJWLG:EREREPOGHDKGH or whatever. The show actually has an interesting story with interesting characters. Evil-Lynn is actually way more interesting. Man At Arms is a stone cold beast. Orko is actually interesting. So many of the characters are getting back stories it's pretty cool.

Skeletor is ruthless AF.

1628092131248.png

I'm about as anti-woke as you can get, but even I can see they're trying to develop the characters and have an interesting storyline.

10 episodes of He-Man tossing people around would be boring. Now there's an actual story with rising action leading towards a climax, with cool characters along the way.

Latest Threads