Kentucky derby

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to a Derby party for the steak. We all put in $5 and draw a horse name. Winner takes all. Love watching it. :)

judson

Reaction score
i had an addiction to harness racing....it still is fun

bet $2 on each of 10 races, grab a beer or two and have fun standing down by the rail...

horses bees crazy...gentile giants really

more fun to bet the longshots...or find one that everyone missed

favorites dont pay much unless you really start to bet various ways with large bills...still fun

cheap nite out for tons of fun....

local track was 15 min drive.....and some hot women were always around ...what more could you ask for????? :fingersx:

Last edited:

Crotch

Triggered
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rock your world is my pick to get some odds. Probably mix him with somethin still looking.

Currently going to to tri rock your world, hot rod Charlie, known agenda.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Our family threw a Kentucky Derby party for decades.

It was THE event of Spring. At one time, we had almost a hundred people in the house and yards.

We would prepare for it for days. All hands on deck. Chairs and tables rented. Cooking for days. Dad would set up gambling games on the horses that were incredibly fun. Well beyond "win, place or show". Pools for the last place horse, etc. All sorts of stuff. For years, it was jam-packed at our family home.

I had to come down from Northern CA when I lived there in the early 90s' just to help out.

Booze like you wouldn't believe. The largest of TV's etc rented and placed two in the house, one in the back yard and one in the front.

We were famous for it.

But as the years went on, people died off. Last one was two years before my dad died. He even carried it on after my mother died five years before.

So yeah, I have an interest. But it's hard for me to look at it. Too many memories, all good but I miss all the folks.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i had an addiction to harness racing....it still is fun

bet $2 on each of 10 races, grab a beer or two and have fun standing down by the rail...

horses bees crazy...gentile giants really

more fun to bet the longshots...or find one that everyone missed

favorites dont pay much unless you really start to bet various ways with large bills...still fun

cheap nite out for tons of fun....

local track was 15 min drive.....and some hot women were always around ...what more could you ask for????? :fingersx:
Waaaaayy back, my pre-bride and I would sometimes hit the track after the 7th race - no charge to enter, programs laying around everywhere and clubhouse access was also free.

We'd get st00pid, bet the 8th, 9th & 10th and veg in the Clubhouse with some food & beers. Cheap date for us.

Somehow the degenerates weren't that disgusting back then. LOL

LP121

Reaction score
Waaaaayy back, my pre-bride and I would sometimes hit the track after the 7th race - no charge to enter, programs laying around everywhere and clubhouse access was also free.

We'd get st00pid, bet the 8th, 9th & 10th and veg in the Clubhouse with some food & beers. Cheap date for us.

Then hit the golf course in cargo shorts?

:laugh2:

judson

Reaction score

speaking of degens...i would walk into my local bar hangout, write a bad check for $20 , go to the track to win my car payment due that month and hopefully leave the track with no less than $20 in my pocket ....

then i would return to the bar same nite , hand the $20 to the bartender and she would hand me my check back.....

some nights went well if i won enough to cover the car payment, get my bad check back and sit there drinking for the nite.

worked for a while until i started doing too much coke.....fun times :run: :rofl::slap:

Latest Threads