Keeping: 1964 Fender Jaguar

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to give this a shot and potentially keep my Flying V. It's a 1964 Fender Jaguar that was originally Sunburst (some original finish is visible under the pickguard), but was stripped by the original owner and stained a la Elvis Costello's Jazzmaster.

The neck date is 1 Nov 63 B.

It looks like the knobs were replaced at some point in its history, but everything else is original on the guitar including the tortoise pickguard and all electronics. The tone potentiometer is very finicky, though, so if you plan to use that a lot, you might want to factor in having that replaced. I found an original 1962-1964 pot (still for sale as of this listing) for around $125 that I've considered buying, but I tend to just set this one at the max and leave it. I just realized the bridge cover in these photos was borrowed from my Jazzmaster, so that is not included in the sale.

The neck finish is original and is really nicely worn in all the right ways. The frets are pretty worn as well, but are still playable and don't have any dead spots. The fingerboard is a beautiful Brazilian Rosewood that has darkened really nicely with age.

I've currently got it set up with 10.5-52 strings.

Weight is 8 lbs, 0.2 oz.

Here are the neck thickness measurements:
1st fret: 0.841"
7th fret: 0.937"
12th fret: 0.995"

Sale includes original hardshell case in fair condition as well as the original tremolo arm (not shown in the pics).

EDIT: I've decided to keep this one. :)

Last edited:

kakerlak

Reaction score
That's a really good match for your table...

:rofl:

Good luck with the sale!

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a really good match for your table...

:rofl:

Good luck with the sale!
:laugh2:

I noticed the exact same thing right after posting this and looking over it. Should've lined up the grain and it would've just looked like parts.

judson

Reaction score
:wow: beautiful...im in love

if that doesnt fire up the GAS....nothing will

very cool

glws

Frogfur

Reaction score
Going to give this a shot and potentially keep my Flying V. It's a 1964 Fender Jaguar that was originally Sunburst (some original finish is visible under the pickguard), but was stripped by the original owner and stained a la Elvis Costello's Jazzmaster.

The neck date is 1 Nov 63 B.

Everything else is original on the guitar including the tortoise pickguard and all electronics. The tone potentiometer is very finicky, though, so if you plan to use that a lot, you might want to factor in having that replaced. I found an original 1962-1964 pot (still for sale as of this listing) for around $125 that I've considered buying, but I tend to just set this one at the max and leave it. I just realized the bridge cover in these photos was borrowed from my Jazzmaster, so that is not included in the sale.

The neck finish is original and is really nicely worn in all the right ways. The frets are pretty worn as well, but are still playable and don't have any dead spots. The fingerboard is a beautiful Brazilian Rosewood that has darkened really nicely with age.

I've got it set up with 10.5-52 strings and a Staytrem bridge, but the original bridge is included in the case. These are no longer being shipped out of the UK. If you don't want the Staytrem, send me a message and I'll knock off $100, but it really does play better with it.

Weight is 8 lbs, 0.2 oz.

Sale includes original hardshell case in fair condition as well as the original tremolo arm (not shown in the pics).

Looking for $2750 PP/shipped. ConUS only. Not interested in trades, thanks.

That thing is bitchen ..super cool

defcrew

Reaction score
Like it. Looks like it was varnished w a brush which I also like. I've got an old Tele someone did that way.

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neck thickness measurements added.

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Multiple really close calls on this being sold, but still available for now.

Latest Threads