Kay Speed Demon Guitar & Bass!

bosrocker51

Reaction score
Howdy. gang. I have tried digging up info on these instruments with little luck. Any help with age, model name or number is welcome. Both believed to be from the 1960's. For sale are a Kay guitar, single rounded cutaway and one ridged pickup, believed to be a Speed Demon. It comes with a gig bag, SN: L 1580 6960. The bass is full scale, has flat wound strings and is a blast to play. These old basses break in nicely. It has the original chipboard case, which works but could use some repair. I have left it as it came. They are both hollow bodies. all pots clean.

Both are in excellent shape and I believe both are all original. Pots are clean. I bought the bass after playing one about 9 years ago. He was asking $800 for it then and it had a lot of play wear on it. Then I bought the guitar. I have had the bass over 8 years, the guitar over 6 years. Selling because I just don't play them very much. Action is good, as is the intonation. It could be tweaked a bit on the guitar but I think I got the bass as good as it gets with the floating bridge. Single ridged The bass is particularly nice to play.

Acoustically the guitar is okay when played unplugged, but not a very loud axe. I played the guitar through an old Fender Champ and without any pedals it sounded good if a bit soft. With fuzz or reverb it really takes on some good tone. I have more pics. Let me know if you want to see them, please. For BOTH, asking: $1,100. Separately, I'm asking $450 for the guitar and $800 got the bass. Add $50 for shipping Each, please.

Attachments

• IMG_2319.jpg
    IMG_2319.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2321.jpg
    IMG_2321.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2339.jpg
    IMG_2339.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2348.jpg
    IMG_2348.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2326.jpg
    IMG_2326.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 34

bosrocker51

Reaction score
BOTH are still available - I believe the 6 string is a Swingmaster, circa 1961

The bass neck matches the K 5935 bass, but that one is a solid body.

Latest Threads