katana and od/boost

jimmydee

Reaction score
I have a Boss Katana 50. I'm a rockin/hard rock/metal kinda dude. What is your take on putting an overdrive pedal in front of the amp? yea I know it emulates all the boss pedals and such but i'm a tone freak and always searching for that ideal tone.....so tell me, what are your thoughts? overdrive? Booster?

gball

Reaction score
I have a K 50 and I use a TS-9 or SD-1 in front of it with good results. Not necessarily better than using the onboard boosts, but it does give a little flexibility for making changes on the fly, and for just jamming or noodling I find the onboard ones to be just as good sounding. It does take pedals quite well.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
@jimmydee , I honestly think a good approach would be a simple footswitch. Set channel one to dream tone, set channel two to boosted dream tone/overdriven amp. $20 and you're done.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Don't I need to have a for switch that is made just for the katana?
Please research this, but from what I see, any passive latching footswitch will work. I assume this based on the ‘optional’ footswitch, suggested by Boss, which is a simple one.

Imperial

Reaction score
I have a K 50 and I use a TS-9 or SD-1 in front of it with good results. Not necessarily better than using the onboard boosts, but it does give a little flexibility for making changes on the fly, and for just jamming or noodling I find the onboard ones to be just as good sounding. It does take pedals quite well.
For a long time, I always just used the built-in boosts, but lately have taken my old Ibanez pedals TS-7 and SD-9 into use with my Katana 100. With the Brown channel set to low gain, I can use the pedals and guitar knobs to cover quite a lot of various gain sounds. The pedals work great.

Latest Threads