Just the guitars

Mexicanbreed

Reaction score
Clapton´s Blackie, Fool SG, Beano...Green´s Les Paul, Bloomfield´s LP, BB´s Lucille, SRV´s beat up No. 1, Hendrix´s white Strat...There are some guitars which are linked in such way with the musicians who played them that it is impossible to think of one without the other. I thought it would be cool (there´s probably another thread already that I couldn´t find) to have a thread posting only the guitars. I know you guys will have very cool pics of these famous instruments.

In honor of the man´s recent passing away...

gibson-bb-king-lucille-electric-guitar.jpg

If you have a better shot, you are welcome to post it.

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
Perhaps one of the most iconic guitars in musical history - John Lennon's original Rickenbacker 325. This photo is from the now-closed Lennon Museum in Tokyo. Many of us remember watching John play this guitar on the Ed Sullivan Show in February, 1964. It was black at that time, with a gold pick guard. It was refinished a couple of times before it was retired.

140769.jpg

100_2151_zps07fbdd35.jpg

SMG_Lennon_Rickenbacker_325_zpsf18c41ef.jpg

I saw John play it in Dallas on September 18, 1964 - saw him play, but couldn't hear it because of all the screaming girls! My cousin took this photo...I was nine years old.

EricsPolaroid64.jpg

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
This thread may be the best collection of the most iconic guitars ever.

Jimmi

Reaction score
Since everyone will post the classic rock guitars...a more modern twist:

steve-morse-tele-body-460-85.jpg

10268688_f520.jpg

jem-evo-ibanez.jpg

Mexicanbreed

Reaction score
I see no problem in posting iconic guitars belonging to more modern musicians...I have to admit, though, that I can´t recognize the Tele you posted.

Jimmi

Reaction score
I see no problem in posting iconic guitars belonging to more modern musicians...I have to admit, though, that I can´t recognize the Tele you posted.

Steve Morse of Dixie Dregs, Steve Morse band, Kansas and more recently, Deep Purple. Best stuff was the Dregs.

Latest Threads