Just Starting Out, My Collection - 3 Les Pauls

iluvchiclets

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a relatively casual poster, but always visiting the forum to learn more and to drool over pictures. I've owned many, many guitars over the years but mainly on the lower-priced spectrum (as I tried to balance my love of drums and synthesizers as well!)

In the past two months I finally bought my first Gibson Les Paul - what an experience feeling the workmanship and experiencing that nitro "thin-finish" I kept reading about - and so I desired a few different colors.

I thought I'd post pictures here of my three recent acquisitions...each have their own personality and vibe. Hard to capture the colors correct, my camera makes everything look too vibrant so I tried to tone the pictures down.

16 LB, 10 DB, 12 HB Faded.jpg

16 LB, 10 DB, 12 HB.jpg

16 LB, 10 DB, 12 Honeyburst.jpg

- 2012 Honeyburst Faded (almost looks lemon)

-2010 Desertburst

-2016 Lightburst

Hope you enjoy the pics! :)

iluvchiclets

Reaction score
Thanks folks! I had a beautiful Bourbon Burst in my hands as well, but I thought it's vibe was a bit close to my Desertburst. Too bad, because I'm dying to get a Bourbon or Iced Tea top...I'll just be patient.

Duane_the_tub - I really should sit and play them side-to-side, but they all feel wonderful to me. My impressions are that Lightburst has the finest feeling neck and finish to it (something special about the feel of that neck and the workmanship on that one). Also I thought the Faded Honeyburst might have sounded a bit dark in comparison?

I still have to give the Faded Honeyburst a cleaning, setup, and new strings, so I will wait to see how it sounds after that.

Thanks for joining in! Look forward to posting again :)

hotshot

Reaction score
There is nothing like a Gibson Les Paul. I know how you feel, I dreamed of owning one since I was 16. When I bought a new 2021 Standard 60's ice tea, I almost cried. I was simply over the moon. I couldn't have been happier. There isn't anything better !!!!

iluvchiclets

Reaction score
There is nothing like a Gibson Les Paul...
This is something I'm discovering.

Granted, most of my life I haven't had the money to buy guitars like this but I have probably owned over 10 Epiphone Les Paul's. And I had a pretty good feel for how good value a guitar it was as well as other budget brands.

But man, the feel and finish on these - it's kind of intangible really. When I brought that first one home I was like, "...whoa..!?" I was sincerely taken aback at how wonderful an experience it is playing it, as well as how different it felt.

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
This is something I'm discovering ... But man, the feel and finish on these - it's kind of intangible really ...
Yeah, three beautiful Les Pauls. But ... if you don't already have one, you need a Gibson SG too .. the perfect compliment to a Les Paul. Very different from a Les Paul in many ways.

Gibson SG '61 Reissue:
L54585000001000-00-720x720.jpg

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a nice start to a wonderful addiction. Enjoy each one.

Man, you have real fine taste. Thanks for the pics.

iluvchiclets

Reaction score
I think the other colors that are of interest to me are:

- an Amber top, with lots of flame (Lazarus?)
- a black custom with three pickups. Wow!
- and, if I found a good deal on an R8 or R9 with a Bourbon burst, i would sell the Desertburst...

...anyhow, nice to dream about different finishes :)

Latest Threads