Just put together a pedalboard - pics

dcooper830

Reaction score
So I have like 100 pedals. And a couple Dunlop DC Bricks, and a 1-Spot, a 100 little patch cables, and a Behringer PB1000 pedalboard.

I've been wanting to put together a pedalboard. At first I had the PB1000 filled up with Behringer pedals:

DSC05101.jpg

But that setup was way too noisy. I'm not sure if it was the power supply and cheap cables or just having that many Behringer pedals all in a row....... or what. But that wasn't working.

So after 2 or 3 months.......... finally tonight I re-did it :)

DSC05585.jpg

DSC05589.jpg

The signal goes: Tuner > Phase 90 > Compressor > Overdrive > Distortion > Volume Pedal > Chorus > DD-3 Delay > DD-7 Delay > Reverb.

This setup is working much better. The DC Brick provides noise free power.

And most importantly I'm getting some killer tones!! I'll have to do a video YouTube clip and show you all.

I'll try to get one up tomorrow night.

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
you don't happen to like Boss pedals now Coop, do you...?:naughty:

I know you do, man. And the only non-Boss pedal in there is the Phase 90, which could claim the title of the most used pedal in pedalboards all over the planet. That says a lot about it. :cool:

DoctorSkullington

Reaction score
Can I change my pants?

Edit - I like the set-up. How's that Compressor working? I find the sustain knob always at noon because of the noise. Oh and your Chorus is set real cheesy :D

dcooper830

Reaction score
you don't happen to like Boss pedals now Coop, do you...?:naughty:

I know you do, man. And the only non-Boss pedal in there is the Phase 90, which could claim the title of the most used pedal in pedalboards all over the planet. That says a lot about it. :cool:

Yeah I really enjoy Boss pedals. However..... I have a Boss PH-2 Super Phaser that I don't care for at all. I like the MXR Phase 90 much better.

I have an MXR EVH Flanger I'd like to put on there also. I like it better than my Boss Flanger.

And....... I also like my Hardwire CR-7 chorus and RV-7 reverb better than the Boss ones. So I'm sure this board will change eventually.

I like the uniform look of the Boss though :cool:

Can I change my pants?

Edit - I like the set-up. How's that Compressor working? I find the sustain knob always at noon because of the noise. Oh and your Chorus is set real cheesy :D

Yes I also get too much noise with the sustain too high. I usually keep it at noon also.

And yes that chorus is set cheesy LOL! I don't use chorus a lot..... but when I do I usually like it deep and swirling Andy Summers style.

DoctorSkullington

Reaction score
Nice. I'm trying to change my pedalboard around a bit too. I need a Tremolo and I'll have something decent hopefully.

Is your DS1 modded or is it MIJ?

dcooper830

Reaction score
Nice. I'm trying to change my pedalboard around a bit too. I need a Tremolo and I'll have something decent hopefully.

Is your DS1 modded or is it MIJ?

Oh yeah tremolo! I have the Boss TR-2 which I really like.... I may have to squeeze that in there if I can.

The DS-1 is not modded and I got it brand new 3 or 4 months ago. So I assume it's MIT. But I love the sound of it as long as I keep the Tone knob around 9 or 10 oclock. Also I usually keep the gain down around 1 or 2 oclock and boost it with the SD-1 Overdrive. It sounds better that way....... instead of just turning the gain all the way up on it.

DoctorSkullington

Reaction score
dcooper830 you've inspired me for my pedalboard.
My pedalboard will hopefully look something like this (all BOSS):

Compressor -> Blues Driver -> Metal Zone -> Super Chorus -> Tremolo -> Delay -> BBE Sonic Stomp.

I can't wait. and thanks :D

Syn

Reaction score
:thumb:
Nice, coop! Very versatile.
How's the sound difference between the Behringer and Boss versions of your board? Any major sound quality difference other than reduced hum and noise?

dcooper830

Reaction score
I'm not sure........ the Behringer pedals effects sounded good.

For example - I A/B'd my Behringer Vintage Delay with my Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay and I couldn't tell the difference.

Same with the Behringer Digital Delay and the Boss ones. The delay quality is exactly the same.

So I think the noise and tone suck are the big differences.

But this board I've got put together now with the Boss pedals..... it's still not right. There's still noise and tone suck. Not nearly as bad..... but it's still there.

I could gig with it though. :)

But I think what I need to do is get some higher quality connecting cables and also possibly a Voodoo Labs pedal switcher so I can switch groups of pedals in and out.

I wonder if these Hosa cables would help?

CPE106.jpg

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out the Monte Allum or other mods for the Boss pedals too. They will take the Boss pedals to the next level. If you can use a soldering iron, they are fairly easy to install too.

Syn

Reaction score
You could try putting a single knob boost pedal at the end of the chain. With the signal passing through that many buffered pedals, boosting your signal at the end should help give it some punch back.
A true bypass switcher would probably be the best solution like you said.
Planet Waves do a good cable kit, you can cut your own lengths and the jacks fit on with no soldering required. It's very affordable and the cable and jacks are great quality. Might be worth a look.
Lookin' good though. :thumb:

siore

Reaction score
Question about the Behringer PB10000: How does it keep the pedals from moving all over the place? The foam keeps it from moving side to side right.. But does it prevent them from falling over when the lid is closed and you're transporting them? Especially with you now having the volume pedal that has quite a height difference over the others.

snaredrum

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
stick your Behringer PB100 at the end, assuming you have one. i love it

edit - of course you have one, i can see it!

FUS44

Reaction score
If I read correctly you are also using a tremolo pedal. That boss trem is tone sucker/volume killer w/o modding. At least that has been my experience. I used it in stereo through a roland amp for real crisp modulation/heli chop like MBV. It dropped my volume a lot. I ended buying one that was modded (franklin mods I believe) and the issue was solved.

ehamady6

Reaction score
But this board I've got put together now with the Boss pedals..... it's still not right. There's still noise and tone suck. Not nearly as bad..... but it's still there.
I could gig with it though. :)

But I think what I need to do is get some higher quality connecting cables and also possibly a Voodoo Labs pedal switcher so I can switch groups of pedals in and out. I wonder if these Hosa cables would help?

CPE106.jpg

I use the Planet Waves Pedal Board Cable Kit. I chain over a dozen pedals, use active EMG pickups, and play extreme metal, so a quiet rig is important especially when doing serious palm-muted chugging. I've tried just about every patch cable available and have found the solderless Planet Waves to be the best with my rig, on par with Monster Cables. Like with George L's, you can make them any length you want which is ideal when building your own board.

305492.jpg
ehamady6-albums-ehamady6-album-picture21253-modded-sd-1.jpg

Latest Threads