Just played a 2019 trad LP

Hamtone

Reaction score
The fit and finish was EXCELLENT. The setup was the best out of box LP i have ever played at a store. The playability was truly, the best i have put my hands on, right from the store.

The only downside (personal preference) the neck was wide but thing, not much shoulder at all. My EJ strat has more thickness to the neck than that guitar.

I may buy it. It had an excellent "vibe" feel to it. Just played well, and I never plugged the thing in lol. Sat on the stool at the counter for 20 mins, and tried to make it buzz, freet out something.. Nope.

The quality of the finish was on point, this one was plane top, and there wasnt any blems, mineral streaks, bubbles, i was beyond impressed. Oh and i dont believe it was weight relieved, it was pretty hefty.

Just a PSA

I really did have to leave before i broke out the card for it lol

Olds442

Reaction score
so you can get along with the thin neck?

JTM45

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buy it, those things are badass and play like a dream

Hamtone

Reaction score
I feel ya , I’m jonesing for a guitar myself. Not a Gibby though. Every day I tell myself I’m gonna order it when I get home but I dont
When my house is finished i have to buy all new furniture etc... Well at least a bed

Lungo

Reaction score
You just passed your exam and probably wouldn’t have looked at it and picked it up unless you could afford it. Life is short. Treat yourself.

Hatefulsob

Reaction score
If you don’t love the neck, I believe it’s a mistake to get it. Leave it for someone who does love the carve and you’ll find yours further on down the road.

Hamtone

Reaction score
If you don’t love the neck, I believe it’s a mistake to get it. Leave it for someone who does love the carve and you’ll find yours further on down the road.
that was my only hangup with it. It plays so sweet though. The thinness of the neck was kinda odd for a gibson. It almost felt like the old JP customshop necks, they spoke shaved kind of thin

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
I actually prefer thin necks. I go for the R0's and Classics while everyone goes gaga over R8s and R9s and 50s Standards/Traditionals. To me the ball bat necks just are uncomfortable, and even just 50s profile necks are too much.

I'm dying to check out a 60s Standard or a Traditional. They can keep the 50s Standard.

I have huge hands but I still go for the thin necks. I wrap my entire hand around the neck like I'm grabbing a baseball bat though. I was never able to listen to the "keep your thumb behind the neck" stuff. I grab it in a choke hold. :D But I have more of a classic rock style so speed never was a goal anyway. I like to bend strings with vibrato and wrap my thumb over the top for chords ala Hendrix. I guess I just like the grip of the neck when it's thinner. I also love SGs for the same reason.

Hamtone

Reaction score
I actually prefer thin necks. I go for the R0's and Classics while everyone goes gaga over R8s and R9s and 50s Standards/Traditionals. To me the ball bat necks just are uncomfortable, and even just 50s profile necks are too much.

I'm dying to check out a 60s Standard or a Traditional. They can keep the 50s Standard.

I have huge hands but I still go for the thin necks. I wrap my entire hand around the neck like I'm grabbing a baseball bat though. I was never able to listen to the "keep your thumb behind the neck" stuff. I grab it in a choke hold. :D But I have more of a classic rock style so speed never was a goal anyway. I like to bend strings with vibrato and wrap my thumb over the top for chords ala Hendrix. I guess I just like the grip of the neck when it's thinner. I also love SGs for the same reason.
I dont like the usual r8 necks either. This had the width but was noticeably thinner than my soft V on my strat. My strat is an 1 5/8 so its not as wide, but has a nice shoulder to it. This LP has no shoulder at all, it felt flat, seriously. I didnt hate it, it just felt weird.

Malikon

말억건
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I really like my 2018 neck, it feels like a 'D' instead of a 'C', it's great.

lpfan1980

Reaction score
The fit and finish was EXCELLENT. The setup was the best out of box LP i have ever played at a store. The playability was truly, the best i have put my hands on, right from the store.

The only downside (personal preference) the neck was wide but thing, not much shoulder at all. My EJ strat has more thickness to the neck than that guitar.

I may buy it. It had an excellent "vibe" feel to it. Just played well, and I never plugged the thing in lol. Sat on the stool at the counter for 20 mins, and tried to make it buzz, freet out something.. Nope.

The quality of the finish was on point, this one was plane top, and there wasnt any blems, mineral streaks, bubbles, i was beyond impressed. Oh and i dont believe it was weight relieved, it was pretty hefty.

Just a PSA

I really did have to leave before i broke out the card for it lol
Good to hear now give that guitar a home:thumb: