Just ordered Low Wind Electric Flag ECP

trapland

Reaction score
I assume these will be bright and jangly, especially in the neck. My custom Buckers are 7.8k and now sport A4 magnets and I like them, but they may be a touch hot. Thought the low winds might solve that. I'm not a fan of neck pickup low end, yet like a full sounding bridge that still balances.

Thoughts? I probably have 12 hours to change my order.

bassmannlespaulman

Reaction score
All of electric city pickups are very good sounding. ..exceptionally clear and acoustic. ..7.2k that neck is very full actually. ..you'd be surprised it's that low when you hear it. ..the bridge on electric city sets are actually pretty fat. ..some of the best sounding ones of you ask me. ..fat & honky midrange..can't go wrong. ..if you were unsure of your purchase why you buy it? You should have discussed it wit bill on the phone. ..that way you could personally shape the tone however you wanted

trapland

Reaction score
All of electric city pickups are very good sounding. ..exceptionally clear and acoustic. ..7.2k that neck is very full actually. ..you'd be surprised it's that low when you hear it. ..the bridge on electric city sets are actually pretty fat. ..some of the best sounding ones of you ask me. ..fat & honky midrange..can't go wrong. ..if you were unsure of your purchase why you buy it? You should have discussed it wit bill on the phone. ..that way you could personally shape the tone however you wanted
Lol.. I'm pretty sure I used more than my fair share of Bills time! I'm just excited and was looking for positive affirmations.

I've owned or do own lots of 3rd party pickups that came to me in guitars. Lots of the most popular ones too, JB, Seth, 59, J80a, DD, Super Dist. I have INVARIABLY replaced them all with Gibson pickups. I don't like all the pickups Gibson makes but some are lovely, CB, BB, 490, TTop etc. I think Gibsons BB and CB are as good as anything they've ever made.

BUT this recent breed of custom winders are like nothing BIG AFTERMARKET has ever done. Dimarzio and Duncan should have always been doing what Bill does and not charging the cost of a vintage PAF to do it. They snooze and the custom winder wins. ECP is the first time EVER I have bought non-Gibson pickups and I've bought many,many new pickups. I'm pretty stoked.

Latest Threads