Just joined

Six6String6

Reaction score
Hello all. I have been looking through this forum for a few days and thought I might sign up.

I have been into music for years, to the point that I had a nice little studio happening in my basement. Several guitars, drum machine, “porta-studio” DAW, amp, mic’s, etc. I’ll post an old picture later on.

anyway, it sort of fell by the wayside at one point and I didn’t touch the stuff for a couple of years. I decided to sell it ALL.
Including my favourite Gibson Les Paul Studio. I had wanted a real LP since my first Pan copy as a young lad. I later came to regret selling the equipment, specially the Gibson.

So now the bug has bitten again. I didn’t want to spend the big bucks this time around as it’s really just a hobby for me, so I started looking at Epiphone. I found this forum during the past few days of googling for anything Epiphone and read a lot of your comments and praise for the ELP, particularly the model I was interested in. The Les Paul Tribute Plus.

This site, along with all the on line reviews I found and You Tube videos, made be decide to pull the trigger on one. This morning I placed an order at Long & McQuade here in the GTA (Canada) for one in Black Cherry. Hoping to have it for Friday or Monday. I was told it’s one of two left in Canada right now so I’m glad I did it.

Anyway, I hope it’s as good as everyone claims. I know I’m looking forward to it’s arrival.

It will be a very nice addition to my other recent purchases of a Taylor 114CE acoustic and Squire Contemporary Strat and Boss Katana MkII amp. I’m sure I’ll be up to recording in the coming months.

Cheers!

Oh, I found an old picture. The Boss drum machine and Yamaha AW16G work station are behind the chair out of site unfortunately. Wish I still had it all.
365F9328-E4BD-43E1-8BD7-DECEE07AB834.jpg

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Man, this is the place to get your GAS going again.
There is a lot of accumulated knowledge on this forum. Have fun.

Six6String6

Reaction score
Thanks to you both for the welcome. It’s always great to find a good knowledgeable forum with a deep pool of experience. I’m sure I will enjoy it here

Six6String6

Reaction score
Yes!! It’s here. And wow....just wow. Flawless, I’ve been looking it over, every single inch of it and I can’t find a speck out of place. The quality is second to none. Frets and action bang on. And it sounds EXACTLY like I remember my 2001 Gibson Studio Les Paul. I am so impressed.

Attachments

Latest Threads