Just got DENIED for a vanity plate... RANT

Publius pro tem

Reaction score
WTF??????

I get a freakin DENIAL letter in the mail with NO EXPLINATION what so ever...

but HEL isn't even HELL.
Worried about perception.

Funny how the lowest-common-denominator/ban 'em all for their own good still pops up.

Vanity/specialty plates irritate me anyway - some of Arizona's aren't even readable.

Another revenue stream so the government can "help" us more.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
I remember a vanity plate in CA that said PHUQUE.... I have no idea how they got it past the DMV!!

Think of the intelligence level of the average civil servant. Now think again about how it got through.

kfowler8

Reaction score
There's a Hell, Michigan here. I guarantee you could get a plate there. :)

Kezman

Reaction score
I still love this one, from the Seinfeld episode.

45_1.JPG

80's Rocker

Reaction score
Oh look, more Christian hate. Tell me more about how seeing it on a license plate offends you.

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Raise hell! Use the freedom of speech angle if you need to do so.

LPSGME

Reaction score
Sounds like fodder for a Youtube video.

Remember the guy who did the United broke my guitar vid?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo]United Breaks Guitars - YouTube[/ame]

H.E.L.Shane

Reaction score
Oh look, more Christian hate. Tell me more about how seeing it on a license plate offends you.

I dont find it offensive persay.... its more like an "oh geeze" :rolleyes:

In general, to quote Uncle Ted.. "religion makes me want to fart" .... I don't subscribe to any.. but if you do and want to put it on your license plate.. more power to ya.. but i'm still gonna throw up in my mouth a little when i see it but I'm an american and your allowed to believe in whatever you want to because I am too.

But, that being said.... if someone is allowed to put "god" on a license plate... A Statanist should be able to get "MRNG STR" on his now shouldn't he.. being that the governemnt cannot legally infringe on a persons religion..... but some bible nazi at the DOT desk would flag it right away while passing "JSUS RLZ" on the next applicaiton....

LPSGME

Reaction score

But, that being said.... if someone is allowed to put "god" on a license plate... A Statanist shold be able to get "MRNG STR" on his now shouldnt he.. but some bible nazi at the DOT desk would flag it right away while passing "JSUS RLZ"

Right there seems to be grounds for a civil rights suit (from either direction).

If they deny HEL on the basis that implies HELL - but allow GOD - then doesn't their denial violate equal treatment and religious freedom for Satanists as well as for Christians (who believe that Satan and Hell is real)?

Maybe DMV means Demonic Mad Vampires.

80's Rocker

Reaction score

In general, to quote Uncle Ted.. "religion makes me want to fart" .... I don't subscribe to any.. but if you do and want to put it on your license plate.. more power to ya.. but i'm still gonna throw up in my mouth a little when i see it but I'm an american and your allowed to believe in whatever you want to because I am too.

But, that being said.... if someone is allowed to put "god" on a license plate... A Statanist should be able to get "MRNG STR" on his now shouldn't he.. being that the governemnt cannot legally infringe on a persons religion..... but some bible nazi at the DOT desk would flag it right away while passing "JSUS RLZ" on the next applicaiton....

Im not saying you shouldn't be able to get what you want, I merely think you kind of jumped onto a conclusion when you really don't know the real reason your plate got denied. Then you related it to God because it was the easy option to try and say why your profain word should have gotten approved.

Try to find out the real reason it was denied and if it was for "hel" then I really doubt they were thinking in a religious way, and more in a that's a profain word kind of way. :wave:

Either way, I think your plate is fine. Good luck getting it :fingersx:

dennis g

Reaction score
as long as some god fearing old bat doesnt get hte paperwork i guess

Unfortunately, I think that's what it comes down to is the opinion of the person who happens to look at it, and what they interpret it at.

Not a "god fearing" knock...it applies to any reason for denial (religious, sexual, ethnic, etc.) so put away the flames LOL

Blackie

Banned
Reaction score
.. Bwaaa HA HA HA .. little bloody kid hands ..

.. Man I thought I was going to see HEL GTRS on a plate at the end of this thread ..

.. I have a VET plate that has an abrev. for ARMAMENT on it, I was in the
armament platoon in an Army aviation company under the 4th infantry division working on the weapons of attack helicopters.

And hey .. if other motorist think I have an anti-tank missile in my truck .. GOOD ..

427_ah1cobra2.JPG

Latest Threads