Just got a Gibson Les Paul Studio Swirl (Black/Silver): PICS

Niloy63

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm pretty new to the forum. I recently bought a Studio Swirl. I thought I'd share some [what I believe to be] cool pictures.

Mod's: I've only replaced the stock Grover tuners (14:1) with a set of Gotoh SGV-510Z-L5 (21:1). They were a drop-in replacement, thank goodness. They're incredible!

The only other mod' I'd like to do is replace the stock 498T/490R pickups with a couple Seymour Duncans (Alternative 8 SH-15 in the bridge & Pearly Gates SH-PG1 in the neck). Does anyone have any positive or negative opinions on this? I also want to get an engraved chrome cover (from Greasy Grooves) for the new pups as well. Here's the pics:

More pics coming...

Niloy63

Reaction score

And here's the Gibson next to my Fender Lite Ash Strat (heavily modded):

nicklee13

Reaction score
Nice!

This is something we don't see everyday around here. I am not sure about the gnarly tuning pegs though...

lpplayer

Reaction score
Nice! My shop has had a blue swirl Studio on the wall for a long time.

Always wondered why it has not been purchased yet- I have played and inspected it many times, sounds and plays great.

This is really the only blue color guitar I like. Perhaps it has stayed there that long because its my destiny to buy it....

cilizal

Reaction score
Personally I do not like guitars with swirls, but I see with pleasure that a Gibson remains classy even with that shoe polish muddy finish. HNGD !!!

Niloy63

Reaction score
Thanks guys... I really appreciate it! She plays amazingly. Does anyone have any advise for me in regards to the pickups?

JMB1984

Reaction score
I don't have experience with the pups your asking about, but congrats on the guitar!

Sournote

Reaction score
HNGD.

Looks like somebody stirred a Silverburst. lol I kinda' like the swirl Studio's though they get some slams. What's up with your fingeboard, is it Ebony or something else?

Looks like you got a bit of a theme goin' there with your collection.

Darth Stang

Reaction score
Prob the coolest of the swirl finishes I have seen. Happy New guitar Day Dude! Really dig the look of the tuners. As for pickups, what kind of sound are you after?

Lurko

Reaction score
Why rush into a p/u change? Those pickups are good, IMHO. Play them for a couple months and give them a chance.

Electroman67

Reaction score
That thing is hawt......hot hot hot, Congrats !!!! That pic of the case leaned against the wall w/ the recepticle is just badass.

Latest Threads