Just finished my Precision Korina V kit.

74JMP

Reaction score

1621217745634.png

Doing all the final tweaks, having a nightmare with wiring as one one volume works both pup , finding a clear a 58 wiring diagram has been hard re did 3 times and gave up . a friend gave me a 50's switch but think it is faulty so will lok for a new one. Going with black knobs the gold are too tacky, need to get some black pickup screws, last minute touch us.

Last edited:

ARandall

Reaction score
Depends on what you want with the wiring. I like 2 volumes so the pickups can be controlled separately....and that means a master tone.
The volume pot wiring is standard for any Gibson, so you can use the volume pot section of a Les Paul schematic. And also like a Les Paul, the volume pot output then goes to the selector switch, with the tone pot connection being wired in on the same lug of the switch that you connect the wire to the jack hot.

74JMP

Reaction score
Depends on what you want with the wiring. I like 2 volumes so the pickups can be controlled separately....and that means a master tone.
The volume pot wiring is standard for any Gibson, so you can use the volume pot section of a Les Paul schematic. And also like a Les Paul, the volume pot output then goes to the selector switch, with the tone pot connection being wired in on the same lug of the switch that you connect the wire to the jack hot.
Yeah done it before and it ought to work. Got new wire and put it together, nothing, 2nd time works but both pots seem to be more a blend no matter where the switch is. Just need a break to clear my mind. Got an explorer I'll open up use that. Never wired in a gibson switch so that must be my issue.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Really nice job!
The first pic doesn't load though.

I'd love a V like that!
:thumb:

74JMP

Reaction score
I was going to use self blank pickguard stock with an adhesvie but cut a piece from maple and painted and shellac'd it. A bit rough as it took 5 attempts on some ebony and this maple got close so I gave up.
1621226634643.png
1621226634643.png

Reactions: E.X

ARandall

Reaction score
Yeah done it before and it ought to work. Got new wire and put it together, nothing, 2nd time works but both pots seem to be more a blend no matter where the switch is. Just need a break to clear my mind. Got an explorer I'll open up use that. Never wired in a gibson switch so that must be my issue.
Post pics of the wiring.
In good but non reflective light
.....and in focus

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was expecting a V bass for some reason....

slapshot

Reaction score
Actual Korina or that’s just what they’re calling the 58 style?

74JMP

Reaction score
Actual Korina or that’s just what they’re calling the 58 style?
Real korina, From what I read it is not rare wood but getting big perfect pieces is. The can have black stains as mine has a streak on the back but I love it it is character. To Gibson and cork sniffers it is a flaw. Cost me about the price of a Epi mystery wood with all the up grades most guy do included.

Last edited:

Latest Threads