Just finished my first song with a Lyric video

wyldelife

Reaction score
Just finished my first original song called "Waves".
It's my first attempt to write a song all by myself with me doing all the recording and all the instrumentation.

I do not have a lot of experience using DAWs and I found Reaper very easy to use. But VSTs were too daunting for me this time around, so I relied on analog effects for all the instrumentation and vocals.

I only had access to my pedalboard, my Boss Katana and my Fender Stratocaster, so I had to fake the other instruments by using my Strat as a bass (I also hit it to feign percussion).

Made a lyric video as well to put more emphasis on the lyrics!

Would love to hear what you think!
Would love some hard-hitting critique and constructive criticism!
Just started using Reaper two months ago, so I have A LOT to learn!

gadafi

Reaction score
Wow that's very cool, the song and the video. Great job!

HogmanA

Reaction score
I really loved that - I don't say that often.
I loved the 60's feel it has, the chord choices, harmonies, guitar.
I did wonder if it has a bit too much washy reverb type effects, but I think you'd better wait for the opinion of someone more experienced at mixing, etc. than take my opinion on that with more than a pinch of salt.

Only criticism, for as much as I loved it, was the beginning lyrics, so just the first verse or so. The lyrics nearly lost me as a listener. I don't why, a bit 'clunky', or something.
But by the second verse, something had smoothed out and I was hooked until the end.
That's maybe more to do with me as a listener than the lyrics themselves, I don't know, but it was just my first impression.
Soundwise, as it stands, I'd be happy to have it playing in my car as it is ( it would be good lazy sunny day cruising music!). I listened through alright Sennheiser headphones and nothing spoiled the listening experience for me level wise.

Latest Threads