Just Bought a "Demo" off Gibsons Demo Shop

Red Pickup Rings What do you think

• Total voters

Azmedian

Reaction score
Gibson Les Paul 60s Standard Figured Top, Bourbon Burst | Demo
This Girl waited in the orfphange for 2 months with 107 watchers. I had another deal fall thru & decided lets get something unique. I decided to grab this off the the web site. Shes beautiful to me.

Orphanage pics below

1634238014277.png

1634238086314.png

1634239318734.png

New Pics added:
1634618580710.png

1634618635797.png

1634618705374.png

DEMO Notes:

• Finish Top: Light scratches in several areas, minor inclusion in finish near upper bout
    Finish Sides: Small dent on bass side bout, minor finish inclusion near output jack
    Finish Back: Small dents and scratches in several locations, visible drop fill finish repair on back
    Finish Neck: Minor inclusion in finish throughout, light scratches in middle of neck
    Binding: Slightly deep scraping in several areas around guitar, minor inclusion in binding in multiple areas
    Finish Peg Head: Minor finish inclusion in back of peghead, light scratches on peghead back and face
    Pickups / Transducers: Light scratches on both pickups
  • Modifications: Dirty fingers in bridge position, 57+ in neck position, hand wired controls, red pickup surrounds, black pickguard, chrome locking Grover tuners, chrome hardware; Back of headstock stamped "DEMO"
  • Includes COA & Gibson 2 Year Limited Factory Warranty (Playability only)
  • Hard Shell Case Included

Spec Notes
Neck Profile:
60s Vintage
Neck Material: Mahogany
Depth at 1st (in): .811
Depth at 12th (in): .921
Nut Width (in): 1.69
Nut Material: Graph Tech
Scale: 24.75
Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
Fingerboard Radius: 12"
Fret Count: 22
Body Shape: LesPaul
Body Material: Mahogany
Finish Type: Gloss Nitro
Tuners: Grovers
Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic
Neck Pickup: 57 +
Bridge Pickup: Dirty Fingers
Controls: 2 Volumes, 2 Tones, & Toggle Switch
Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
Weight (lbs): 9.35
Year: 2021
Serial Number: 202310XXX

Yes its stamped DEMO but I couldnt care less. I feel it actually makes it special.

The look & ever the non-stock pickups, locking tuners add to it. Shes mine, will will have a home the rest of my life.

Attachments

Last edited:

chef

Reaction score
Nice grab, good looking Paul... I would lose the red pup rings though. Just my 2 coppers.
I'd at least save the red rings, that could appeal to someone (way) down the road as a "Fine example of a post Henry J. Era LP harkening back to the 'it's possible we did anything guitars' Norlin Era guitars however this one has a NFT certificate of being one of only six shipped from the factory with red PU rings" \sarcasm

Nice Axe HNGD.

Jeremiah

The Worst
Reaction score
two kudos

1. lovely and unique guitar
2. proper use of the phrase "couldn't care less", it is SO annoying to me to read the countless people writing "could care less", like NO, eat the KitKat sideways, whydon'tchya?

Peter M

Reaction score
it is SO annoying to me to read the countless people writing "could care less"
Hear, hear. I rank that right up there with "Watch me do a 360!" (does a 180).

Saiko

Reaction score
I'm would be changing the plastics to cream, putting the neck pickup in the bridge and getting a new neck pickup. That's just me though, it's a great-looking guitar. Congrats and happy NGD!

Reactions: Mnc

jbash

Reaction score
I'm would be changing the plastics to cream, putting the neck pickup in the bridge and getting a new neck pickup. That's just me though, it's a great-looking guitar. Congrats and happy NGD!
This.

Exactly.

dmac in SC

Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is an insanely awesome guitar. I wouldn't change a thing about how it looks. Major congrats!!

With regards to the pickups and electronics, I would have to play it for a while to see (hear) what it needs, and that probably is absolutely nothing.

01GT Eibach

Reaction score
I like them, especially considering that they are OEM. Usually, I am "pickguard on" guy. But I think that guitar would look better without a pickguard and add a black poker chip. Regardless, I really think you should leave the red pickup rings on as that is a special thing, and came from Gibson that way. Nice guitar!

Musha Ring

Reaction score
Gibson Les Paul 60s Standard Figured Top, Bourbon Burst | Demo
This Girl waited in the orfphange for 2 months with 107 watchers. I had another deal fall thru & decided lets get something unique. I decided to grab this off the the web site. Shes beautiful to me.

Orphanage pics below

View attachment 565891

View attachment 565892

View attachment 565896

DEMO Notes:

• Finish Top: Light scratches in several areas, minor inclusion in finish near upper bout
    Finish Sides: Small dent on bass side bout, minor finish inclusion near output jack
    Finish Back: Small dents and scratches in several locations, visible drop fill finish repair on back
    Finish Neck: Minor inclusion in finish throughout, light scratches in middle of neck
    Binding: Slightly deep scraping in several areas around guitar, minor inclusion in binding in multiple areas
    Finish Peg Head: Minor finish inclusion in back of peghead, light scratches on peghead back and face
    Pickups / Transducers: Light scratches on both pickups
  • Modifications: Dirty fingers in bridge position, 57+ in neck position, hand wired controls, red pickup surrounds, black pickguard, chrome locking Grover tuners, chrome hardware; Back of headstock stamped "DEMO"
  • Includes COA & Gibson 2 Year Limited Factory Warranty (Playability only)
  • Hard Shell Case Included

Spec Notes
Neck Profile:
60s Vintage
Neck Material: Mahogany
Depth at 1st (in): .811
Depth at 12th (in): .921
Nut Width (in): 1.69
Nut Material: Graph Tech
Scale: 24.75
Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
Fingerboard Radius: 12"
Fret Count: 22
Body Shape: LesPaul
Body Material: Mahogany
Finish Type: Gloss Nitro
Tuners: Grovers
Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic
Neck Pickup: 57 +
Bridge Pickup: Dirty Fingers
Controls: 2 Volumes, 2 Tones, & Toggle Switch
Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
Weight (lbs): 9.35
Year: 2021
Serial Number: 202310XXX

Yes its stamped DEMO but I couldnt care less. I feel it actually makes it special.

The look & ever the non-stock pickups, locking tuners add to it. Shes mine, will will have a home the rest of my life.

Now I just have to learn how to play R-smith here, i go (Again) . . . . . . Get it . . . . "Here I Go Again. . . . "

More pic when shes home.
Beauty guitar! Just needs black pickup rings ;)

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Yep, she is very sweet, Congrats! How many bones did she cost you?

rfrizz

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother changing the red pickup rings, unless you think that will improve its playability.:hippie:

I have noticed that a lot of these guitars are priced well below what a new one would cost. There's another 60s standard available for $2,100, which is $600 less then a new one. Very tempting!

Azmedian

Reaction score
Nah, I bought it specifically for the way it is, if i were to swap to cream I mind as well bought a stock traditional.

Keeping it as is if anything I may add 3rd pickup, Any suggestions in that category ??

Perhaps a Pearly Gates ?

I should have some live pics tomorrow

Last edited:

decoy205

Reaction score
I’d go all black on the plastics. I don’t get the red. Good looking guitar congrats!

Renegade

Reaction score
Nice...congrats.

I don't hate the red rings but I think black would be my choice.

Latest Threads