Juniors

Teebs76

Reaction score
This thread is for the general discussion of the guitar Juniors. Please add to the discussion here.

Crusader

Reaction score
Are LP Juniors in the limelight lately? I've been listening to demo's on Youtube etc. and they seem to be everywhere. I like the double-cuts because they are a different shape. The single-cuts are the same shape as a regular LP but being a flat slab just don't look right to me

Teebs76

Reaction score
Are LP Juniors in the limelight lately? I've been listening to demo's on Youtube etc. and they seem to be everywhere. I like the double-cuts because they are a different shape. The single-cuts are the same shape as a regular LP but being a flat slab just don't look right to me
They do seem to be the hot guitar right now

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I've loved jr's ever since I was a young guy. There's just something Spartan and no-nonsense about them.

And they are as about as light and comfortable a guitar to play as you'll ever find.

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
I'd never given the Junior much thought in the past. It was only that I built an Esquire partscaster and used a particularly fat neck for it, that I thought getting a Gibson equivalent might be a nice idea. I already had a 60s Tribute Gold Top and a 1990 Epiphone Les Paul Standard, but both have quite slim necks.

I only went into the shop to try it out and see how the neck felt, but the way it played and how I could change the sound with technique and using the volume and tone controls really worked for me. The neck is nice and full and makes a change from playing my GT or Epiphone LP with their slim necks.

It was a good deal at the time, plus I'd read on here and other places about variable QC on new Gibsons. I'd seen it for myself when I tried some of the new 50s Gold Top P90 that I considered trading my Tribute for. Since this one was in my hands and looked and played perfectly, it came home with me. :)

I changed the knobs, jack socket and truss rod covers, just for personal taste:

Junior 15.jpg

Junior 22.jpg

I've never spent so much on a guitar before; even my SG Standard was cheaper (bought ex-display), but I love it.

Last edited:

Teebs76

Reaction score
I'd never given the Junior much thought in the past. It was only that I built an Esquire partscaster and used a particularly fat neck for it, that I thought getting a Gibson equivalent might be a nice idea. I already had a 60s Tribute Gold Top and a 1990 Epiphone Les Paul Standard, but both have quite slim necks.

I only went into the shop to try it out and see how the neck felt, but the way it played and how I could change the sound with technique and using the volume and tone controls really worked for me. The neck is nice and full and makes a change from playing my GT or Epiphone LP with their slim necks.

It was a good deal at the time, plus I'd read on here and other places about variable QC on new Gibsons. I'd seen it for myself when I tried some of the new 50s Gold Top P90 that I considered trading my Tribute for. Since this one was in my hands and looked and played perfectly, it came home with me. :)

I changed the knobs, jack socket and truss rod covers, just for personal taste:

View attachment 499689
View attachment 499690

I've never spent so much on a guitar before; even my SG Standard was cheaper (bought ex-display), but I love it.
Great photos, that’s a beautiful guitar! Enjoy

Latest Threads