Junior LP questions ...

DrBGood

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a LP Jr with a single soapbar, not a surface dogear ?

DrBGood

Reaction score
I am asking because I found some kind of promotional model for sale, all white with full pickguard, I mean whole body surface pickguard. But headstock looks genuine.

BrianB

Reaction score
If you're talking about what I think you are, I've seen similar on CL before.

I don't think with the full front "pickguard" you can have a dogear...it won't sit over the ears.

The ones I'd seen were all Epi's though. Don't recall seeing a Gibby. Pix?

DrBGood

Reaction score
I Photoshopped some markings on the pickguard for fear of someone Googling it and getting it before me.

BrianB

Reaction score
Yeah, that's exactly what I pictured from your description.

I'd imagine they didn't use the dogear for the reason I outlined above, it's just a cleaner look than having the guard go around the ears (and it won't sit flush over a set of ears without doing so).

I've seen a mess of Epi's like this...first Gibby I've seen. I'd be all over that like white on rice myself (if the price is right).

DrBGood

Reaction score
Thanks Brian, what would you say is a good price for it ?

Roshy Boy

Reaction score
Very nice. Good thing you didn't use any Hello Kitty images. Everyone would be clammering for it then. Good luck. Post lots of pics when you get it.

BrianB

Reaction score
Thanks Brian, what would you say is a good price for it ?
Genuinely no idea, sorry. If I were looking at it myself, I'd hope for around $500ish, which is probably a bit less than it's worth.

I've been hankering for a P90 Jr for a while. Would gladly settle for one of those set neck Epi's they made for a couple years back when.

I saw something very similar to what you've got here on CL a few months back, Epi, and the full pickguard was a big Jim Beam logo. It had a 'bucker in it though...

DrBGood

Reaction score
Got a serial from the seller. It's a 2004 from Nashville.

DrBGood

Reaction score
It went for $428. A great deal but too expensive for me.

LPJNoob

Reaction score
That was one fugly guitar, almost looked plastic toy like.

DrBGood

Reaction score
Cosmetics that's all, nothing that can't be fixed.

DrBGood

Reaction score
Maybe because if I answer that I can fix it it is because I like fixing thing, I like a challenge and I can't afford to pay a fortune for a guitar.

BrianB

Reaction score
Got your PM, way late. I was at my brother's in VT this weekend past, on the side of a mountain with no 'net..lol Thanks though...

If I stumbled across that on CL or at GC for that, I'da given it a good long look for sure. With that full size "pickguard", it opens a lot of doors to multiple custom graphics, if one was inclined.

Cheers!

DrBGood

Reaction score
Got your PM, way late. I was at my brother's in VT this weekend past, on the side of a mountain with no 'net..lol Thanks though...
Ha ha ... sounds like where I live, 20km North of Richford on the VT border. No cell signal here, Satellite internet connexion. Where were you at ?

BrianB

Reaction score
Ha ha ... sounds like where I live, 20km North of Richford on the VT border. No cell signal here, Satellite internet connexion. Where were you at ?
I live south of Boston, but my brother is in the Springfield VT area.

Latest Threads