Junior 57 wrapover bridge

vishnu

Reaction score
Let's see if i answer my own question here :)

Just bought a nice 57 cs 2014 LP Junior and noticed that the wrapover bridge sits a little higher at the treble end

I would have thought that the bass end would be a little higher but noticed the string spacing was a little uneven on the bridge and consequently the treble side sat lower on the bridge arch

Does your wrapover sit a little higher at the treble end...is this par for the course?

endial

Reaction score
Yep.

Every one of my wraptails sits higher on the treble side. Even my non-Gibson ones.

*That's five guitars, for the record.
*Edit; Nope. Six. I forgot about the one I made. :laugh2:

ARandall

Reaction score
When the strings wrap over the top they naturally go diagonally by comparison to the centreline of the bridge. The angle of the bridge in relation to the centreline of the guitar is doing this.....and its a step to the treble side for all strings. So by comparison to say an abr where the saddles are flat and at a 12 degree radius, the treble strings on the wrap all sit lower on the arc of the bridge, and the bass ones all sit higher.
So little wonder that you have to adjust to compensate really.

Mike I

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I set my string height to 5/64 at the 12th fret.

Where the wrap tail sits after that is of no consequence to me really.

On my TOM bridge guitars I just insure the strings don't touch the back of the bridge if I have the stop tail sucked down.

But lately I've been top wrapping my TOM's, so that's not an issue either really.

Enjoy your Jr!!

jonas91

Reaction score
Yeah, the wraptail is quite a rudimentary bridge sytem.. When i tighten the strings I always "guide" them on the wrap over part (where they come out of the hole and fold over) to go straight. Because sometimes it can happen that they bind a little sideways which throws off your equal string spacing.

Also: The slanting of the bridge post can cause the strings to go more towards the treble side of the fretboard.
You can remedy that by using the side to side play the tailpiece posts have in the ears of the tailpiece.
Just push it towards the base side.

At least that's how it works on my CS '57 Special..

Latest Threads