Juggling schedules sucks

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
There is a bar I have played several times...pool with a swim up bar. The scenery is very nice. I have been trying to get the band in.... owner just messaged asking if we can play Friday night.... bass player has inventory at his work. I have had to decline 4 dates solo because I was already booked. Owner is gonna get tired of asking.

StubbyJ

Reaction score
Yup. Bands are frustrating to say the least. Been there many times. It's "ok" as long as what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Issues emerge when it's ok for some folks to cancel but when others need to, it become an issue. I find this happens in husband/wife led bands. They can do whatever they want but when the "hired help" needs to make adjustments, things are completely different.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Yup. Bands are frustrating to say the least. Been there many times. It's "ok" as long as what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Issues emerge when it's ok for some folks to cancel but when others need to, it become an issue. I find this happens in husband/wife led bands. They can do whatever they want but when the "hired help" needs to make adjustments, things are completely different.
Not an issue really. It's just that I have been trying to get us in here for a while.... the band guys are great now that the diva is gone. We have an agreement to gig 2x a month unless it is a "special" gig. There are 3 of us.... majority rules on most things except songs. If one of us does not like a suggested song, it's out. If someone can't do a gig due to work or previous plans no issue. To be honest this bar owner is bad to message me and ask " can you play tonight or tomorrow" I like playing there though. First gig 2 sisters playing corn hole with their boyfriends. Whenever it was a guys turn the opposing sister would start twerking. I told em they had to stop because I was forgetting lyrics

StubbyJ

Reaction score
You are correct...To be honest this bar owner is bad to message me and ask " can you play tonight or tomorrow." Dance, monkey dance comes to mind. Most bar owners know they often gottus by da bawls; in the end, it's whatever's best for them. I'm sorry you have to experience this and I hope something pans out for you guys.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
You are correct...To be honest this bar owner is bad to message me and ask " can you play tonight or tomorrow." Dance, monkey dance comes to mind. Most bar owners know they often gottus by da bawls; in the end, it's whatever's best for them. I'm sorry you have to experience this and I hope something pans out for you guys.
Band is doing fine... just that I have been trying to get us in here for a couple of months.

Latest Threads