Jubilee's A place called Home

5F6-A

Reaction score
This is the last album I've been involved with; Jubilee - Aplace called home.
Funnily enough my involvement was not as a player but rather producing, mixing and overall looking after the tone of the album.

The style is kind of very idiosyncratic folk with dashes of pop and country recorded in southern Spain. The album was released in vinyl and, as you can imagine, recorded using analogue equipment exclusively.

Jubilee - A place called home - Listen Free

sorry about the ads... you can find the music in Spotify too.

Comments are most welcome!! ;-) See what you think...

pics of the cover
4UdcZ93FsSRr9O1MHoFnM8.jpg

the recording studio 'Sequentialee' and Jubilee's singer, guitarrist and genius Pedro Cantudo standing on the right;

l.jpg

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
wow, very nice...

I listened to most songs....

the acoustic guitar on "Riverside" is unbelievable great sounding....

and the electric guitar on the singer sent chills up my spine...wow....what did you do for that....guitar, amp, mic, mic placement, preamp and or board, comp, eq, really tell me all...

lots of vibe through out all the songs I listened to....the vox sits extremely well in "the preacher" and also in "is my love what keeps me rolling" ...nice use of slapback delay (preacher)

and it really does have the feel of combining both modern and past tenchnolgy...I read so often about how a certain group/artist recorded with certain analogue equipment to get a more analogue sound and what I typical hear is something that has only a slight resemblance and still is dominated by the clarity of modern recording techniques and eqiupment....

what I hear, here is a clarity and extension but it still sits on a very smooth warm bed....

nice job...

If I was a real guitarist, I would be packing my bags for Spain right now....

(once again, I am reminded that orange is the scene :thumb:)

5F6-A

Reaction score
the English AMEK mixing board with Neve preamps made the job a joy.... ;)

"The singer" gear? I can't remember all the details from the top of my head. Let me try to remember... :lol: For now I can tell you that we achieved the bass tone using two channels; in one we recorded directly to the mixing desk, the second one was 'reamped' from the desk to a miced Fender Bronco amp with a ceramic 8" Weber speaker (see pic below) . Mixing both sources gave us a quirky old fashioned tone ... bass was a Fender jazz RI

DSCF1180-1.jpg

Latest Threads