JTM 45 Bluesbreaker Reissue.The Vibrato Weak.

rogue3

Reaction score
Speed and Intensity,no matter what level, not much difference.My footswitch ,no difference either.
A little,maybe, but hardly audible.
Another footswitch? I tried,no dice.The same.A little, but hardly audible.

So,it's an internal issue? Where do i look first?(tube...probably.an easy fix for me).I know circuits,but,would rather play...lol!...however,i'll get my hands dirty on this one.Its an awesome sounding amp!

thx.

Central Scrutinizer

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you are on the right path thinking it is a tube.
Believe that the vibrato is tube driven.
I am sure someone with more knowledge will speak up.

On my list of like to own amps.

ARandall

Reaction score
There are a few types of Tremolo. Some use varying bias on a tube, others are an optical effect. It is easier to try and find the tube as that is a plug and play eliminating factor.

Cjsinla

Reaction score
The vibrato definitely is tube driven. Try a 12ax7wa as recommended by Nik at Ceriatone in his builds. It’s the small tube between the rectifier and the power tubes.

rogue3

Reaction score
There are a few types of Tremolo. Some use varying bias on a tube, others are an optical effect. It is easier to try and find the tube as that is a plug and play eliminating factor.
The vibrato definitely is tube driven. Try a 12ax7wa as recommended by Nik at Ceriatone in his builds. It’s the small tube between the rectifier and the power tubes.
thx guys! I fired this one up recently.I am blessed with many other fine sounding amps that consume my time.
The tone out of this BB. is 60's low-fi. fat,warm.powerful.Beautiful.

The tremolo/vibrato has always been subtle.one of those keep on all the time type effects, for space .but now is invisible,lol.

I recapped the board many years ago,with mustard repros.(SoZo's).Installed are all fine nos tubes...including a Mullard rectifier(bumps up the plate voltage 15V.). About to start a vicious work run,so, will swap tubes to solve when i get back(8-10 days).today,i just play.:)thx!

edit.I am playing this sucker this afternoon,and,i will say,it sounds glorious!

Last edited:

Latest Threads