Joining the YMCA, taking my athleticism to the next level.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have a busy day planned ahead of me. Morning workout here at home, then im headed to play it again sports to see if i can find some swimming goggles and swim trunks.... after that, to the YMCA to join. ... Through hard work, motivation, consistency, and dedication I have gotten into very athletic shape.... I now feel it is time to raise the bar. Its time to set new goals and shatter them. I have a full home gym setup here... but I dont have a pool, or a lot of the equipment the Y offers. My original goal was to get into good shape, next athletic shape, next to get cut up.... well, here i am, what do I do with it? I believe with everything the YMCA has to offer I can truly take it to the next level, and the next, and next and next.... I feel pretty good this morning :)

my home gym setup.

10428689_10152797344183400_4653865173669450520_n.jpg

FrankieOliver

Reaction score
That's an excellent home gym, Ryan. :)

and a Total Gym there, too. :thumb:

lucidspoon

Reaction score
I belong to a Y. It's pretty nice, especially since the facility is only a few years old. Plus, it's walking distance from my house.

At least at mine, there's not a ton of freeweight stuff, but most of the people that go to mine are there for the treadmills and wuss-machines, so it's not hard to get access to equipment that I want.

I just wish it was 24 hours. There's time when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep.

Death Incarnate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My goal is to sample every PopTart flavor.

poptartsrewards_2.jpg

Ten years ago, I had a YMCA membership. The pool was 100% the reason why. I would jog one day and then go swimming, and lift the next day and then go swimming. I would swim laps to the point of exhaustion. It's so good for you. The pounds flew off. I was ripped.

danohat

Reaction score
I had a membership to Bally's. One day I was bent over tying my shoes and looked up to see a man in a full red leotard hanging brains right in my face. That was it. I lift weights at home.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
one of the best decisions ive ever made, by far.

that place is awesome! its a really new facility as well so everything is super nice! i swam laps in the Olympic pool, floated around in the family pool, worked out in the wellness center, used the free weight room. i didnt get to use the jacuzzi because they were cleaning/servicing it. i also didnt go in the sauna.

they have a tremendous amount of equipment, some i had never even seen before lol.

i am really glad i decided to join.

lucidspoon

Reaction score
Ours has a really nice outdoor track as well. I like to ride my bike on it when it's nice out. The outermost path is 1.5 miles I think.

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score
I've been a member of 3 different YMCA's since high school. They are very hit-or-miss when it comes to quality of equipment, attitude of the staff, and cleanliness. The one we are members of now is great. I get most of my exercise from jogging, but when it's too cold or I just want to mix it up, I'm glad to have the membership.

Latest Threads