Joined a Gym

disaffected

Reaction score
1645180873069.png

Last edited:

GrandJunction

Reaction score
Several years ago I joined a boxing gym - genetically short and stocky at 5' 7", about 178 pounds. I thought that I would get myself into shape and try drop about 10 or 15 pounds so that I could fight in a weight class with guys closer to my height. Within a few months I was in much better shape . . . and weighing in at 195!

Oops.

PapaSquash

Reaction score
My wife and I joined a kickboxing/weight gym with a 10-week bootcamp program on a two-for-one deal just after the first of the year. Six mornings a week. Mostly to tone up; I was already down about 25lbs from last year's peak from diet changes on doctor's orders.

This is week six. I feel like I have been beat up by thugs most of the time, but I'm down a few more pounds, way more flexible, an inch trimmer in the waist and have doubled my sit-up count since we started.

When I say "down a few pounds" though, I'm at 177 just under where Don is starting out.

Zungle

Reaction score
I like to work out......

But I do most of it at home and very lite......

I have workout ares set up with decent gear.....

Gyms are cool for all the gear and motivation......but........gyms have always grossed me when it comes to germs and the human slime......

I think humans are pretty nasty for the most part and have always kept my distances....

I avoid public restrooms, crowded areas, gyms, airports, etc as much as I can......

As a subcontractor I even work odd hours to avoid other subs......(I start late and work every weekend)

Never been a hugger or even a hand shaker either....

I've gotten to the point sometimes I don't even want to eat food others prepared (restaurant)

People are fvkin gross, with bad hygiene......I've felt this way long before the pandemic....

Crotch

Mega Pints
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Germs build character. Put hair on your chest as my grandfather used to tell me.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Reaction score
Congrats I'm trying to start back into it myself. The walking will do way more for weight loss than the weight training not unless it's some type fast paced weight training for aerobic conditioning but both are needed. Walking for weight loss and weights to maintain lean mass.

Latest Threads