Joined a Gym

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Shorter!

I thought you about 5'3"!

You people with your internet personnas!1!!

Ok, you got me. This is me.

grandmaster-b.jpg

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Very nice @Soul Tramp, can I ask how tall you are? I went from 200 to 240 during the “thing”, then I reversed course and got to 190. I’d like to get to 175 as a walking around weight which is what I was about 10 years ago, and is the magic balance of I look pretty good and don’t have to kill myself to maintain it. I’ve been jogging 5-7 miles most days of the week and loosely intermittent fasting.

Edit: I’m 5’10”
Then jogging 5-7 miles should be jogging 5-10 miles, no?

:fingersx:

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Very nice @Soul Tramp, can I ask how tall you are? I went from 200 to 240 during the “thing”, then I reversed course and got to 190. I’d like to get to 175 as a walking around weight which is what I was about 10 years ago, and is the magic balance of I look pretty good and don’t have to kill myself to maintain it. I’ve been jogging 5-7 miles most days of the week and loosely intermittent fasting.

Edit: I’m 5’10”

Was 5' 10", but shrinking with age. Probably 5' 9.5" now. 165 with muscle and no fat puts me in good shape. At this point my endurance is down to walking not running, and my stomach is bigger than my chest. My wife has a simple guideline for me. I'm too fat if I can't look down a see my dick because my stomach is in the way. Thankfully I'm not that far gone. :rofl: :rofl:

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I got the "Black Card" membership which give me access to the hydro-massage bed, massage chair, and I can bring a guest. We didn't get a membership for my wife, she gets in free as my guest.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Yesterday my wife and I signed up with Planet Fitness and had our first workout. It's long overdue for both of us. My wife has had two spine surgeries in the past year and a half. Coupled with "that which can't be named" we have packed on the pounds and turned into blobs of Jell-O. It felt great to workout, but today I ache all over. We've been walking 2 - 3 miles four or five days a week, but that won't reverse all the over eating. And in the summer I row about 2.5 miles most days. Making matters worse, my wife is an amazing cook.

I'm tipping the scales at 178 lbs and want to get to 165 (less fat, more muscle) by summer. It has more to do with over eating than under exercising. We hope to get to the gym four or five days a week. I have quite a bit of joint pain (shoulders, elbows, knees) which complicate things a bit, but they have machines that really help with it. And they have a hydro-massage bed that is a joy.
Joint pain? Consume one of these per month:

1645123911170.jpeg

I need to drop 20lbs that I have picked up over the past 12 months. I am actually listening to a podcast that his stressing how important it is to focus on diet and exercise to eliminate most needs for pharmaceuticals.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Good for you and the Mrs., Don. You will really appreciate the positive impact of exercising regularly. it might take 6-8 months to get past the, "this sucks" part, though!

I miss the range of exercises that you could do in the gym on the various machines. But, I do not miss seeing all the fucking gym rats and Stepford wives who live there.

Now, I just walk and/or ride my bike and workout with free weights and bands at home. Riding for 15 miles/day will really drop the pounds and help build up endurance with no impact. Walking is good for my soul - it's my time away from the world. The weights are a nice addition, but I have no goals of building Charles Atlas muscles. :laugh2:

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Joint pain? Consume one of these per month:

View attachment 591681

I need to drop 20lbs that I have picked up over the past 12 months. I am actually listening to a podcast that his stressing how important it is to focus on diet and exercise to eliminate most needs for pharmaceuticals.

I can't stand ANYTHING hotter than French's yellow mustard. My wife & daughter however, could throw down anyone on this forum in a hot sauce contest.

Despite joint pain, I'm very fortunate to be 68 and have no issues. The only prescription med I take is Restatis for my dry eyes. I don't take vitamins or an supplements. Not sure that's wise, but I just have an aversion.

Foo for Thought

Reaction score
I went the garage gym route this summer and haven't looked back. No commute, no waiting for equipment.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
I miss the range of exercises that you could do in the gym on the various machines. But, I do not miss seeing all the fucking gym rats and Stepford wives who live there.
:laugh2:
What else do you miss?
The showers?
The sauna?

:fingersx:

:rofl:

Latest Threads