John 5 Plays 7 Unbelievably Iconic Guitars from Hard Rock's Vault

mattpeyton

Reaction score
Story with the paint on the Paul Kossoff guitar - left strap in case the plastic ate the nitro... Don’t ask me why I know that

Pwrmac7600

Premium Member
Reaction score
He's Rob Zombie's guitarist, and before that he played for Marilyn Manson.
Yeah for those of you who don't know who john 5 is. Don't let the Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson thing fool you. Search him on youtube, the guy is a phenomenal guitar player that can pretty much play anything and everything. Extremely skilled.

Meatwad

Reaction score
Yeah for those of you who don't know who john 5 is. Don't let the Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson thing fool you. Search him on youtube, the guy is a phenomenal guitar player that can pretty much play anything and everything. Extremely skilled.
He's also worked with K.D. Lang......so yeah, he's pretty diverse.

I always enjoy his playing, and he's definitely passionate about all things guitar.

This vid/song is probably my favorite from his solo work....love the funky breakdowns.

gotw

Reaction score
Saw a rig rundown with John 5 a while back. He is so humble and grateful to be doing what he's doing. Definitely rare for someone with his ability.

martysnarf

Reaction score
Dead on the money. The guy can do anything, and is one of the most versatile players I've heard. His solo albums cover ALL kinds of ground, and will rip your face off. Plus, I've been fortunate enough to meet and chat with him a few times at NAMM, and he is the most humble, thankful, mellow dude you'll ever meet. He loves to geek-out on gear talk and music in general. He's a helluva kind soul, and a MONSTER player. He has his own Sig model tele with Fender too. Real good dude.

joeblow

Reaction score
I was amazed when I watch Guns 'N Roses Rig Rundown on Youtube where the techs were showing Slash rig and Duff McKaghan rig but Richard Fortus was doing its own presentation. He was like a kid showing its toys. Gear geek to the max :)
Check from 34:45

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like to hear John 5 play some stuff and I don't even like his heavy three piece show gigs, and Zombie and Manson ain't my cup of tea at all, but that guy is an unreal player and seems very humble and laid back2 away from the stage...

desert burstLP

Reaction score
The crazy banjo rolls he rips off are hilarious. I've watched some interviews with him and apparently "Hee Haw" was why he picked up the guitar and developed a love of the Telecaster. Every guitar player should follow him on Instagram...mind bending stuff he does in his pyjamas haha.

Gmal

Reaction score
Really cool vid, and even though I haven't heard much of his music, he seems to be a monster player.

Danomyte

Reaction score
Does anyone else see the resemblance:

Mugatu.jpg

This is an awesome thread. Great video--obviously the guy's amazing. I love this one:

He did a great interview with Jude Gold on the podcast "No Guitar is Safe". He tells a fascinating story about playing live with Les Paul.

I agree with what's been said above, seems like a well grounded, cool guy.

pjholland

Reaction score
Mmmmmmmm......he didn't play the Peavey for very long. I thought it sounded like poop compared to the others.

Boss 302

Silver Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else see the resemblance:

View attachment 293378

This is an awesome thread. Great video--obviously the guy's amazing. I love this one:

He did a great interview with Jude Gold on the podcast "No Guitar is Safe". He tells a fascinating story about playing live with Les Paul.

I agree with what's been said above, seems like a well grounded, cool guy.
Wow, that clip just blew me away.
Especially, when he switched from the Telecaster.

Mind blown.