Death Incarnate

Premium V.I.P.
Premium Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
modern TS's sound fine to me.
Which modern one?

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I had the 2nd one above for years in the 1990s, and used it as a boost, or before fuzz, or in combo with my Fender Princeton's gain channel that gave me a great Neil Young & Crazy Horse tone. I use the MXR Distortion III now for the same role which sounds smoother to my (likely damaged) ears.

Tanner

Reaction score
I respect Joe's playing. He's got mad blues rock chops. Which has a merit all it's own. I've heard different things about him as a person. Some people say he's a complete ass, some say he's a total sweetheart. On his pedal use and opinions on people who use pedals; he has a board consisting of about 12 pedals that he uses live constantly. I think part of what he was referring to were guitarists like Kevin Shields or Adam Franklin. He fails to understand what it takes to make that type of music so he just assumes it's lazy. Kevin Shields cost his label 500,000 dollars and many years to make loveless. Even more so on their next album (which came out in 2013, just about 20 years after Loveless). Why would Kevin Shields spend so much of his life on one record? Because he's meticulous as f*** about anything he makes. I respect the hell out of that.

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score

Civility costs nothing.
No it doesn't. But lets look at the facts. You simply posted something JB said publicly. It wasn't a secret, It wasn't told to anyone in confidence therefore you didn't betray any trust. He's a public figure who made a public comment which will always be subject to challenges.

Thermionik

Banned
Reaction score
No it doesn't. But lets look at the facts. You simply posted something JB said publicly. It wasn't a secret, It wasn't told to anyone in confidence therefore you didn't betray any trust. He's a public figure who made a public comment which will always be subject to challenges.

I merely apologised for bringing it up, for bringing it up HERE, and for the pissy posts it gave rise to... I did NOT apologise for any breach of confidence (since there was none) not for any trust betrayed (since there was none)

Malikon

말 러 곤
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Which modern one?

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I had the 2nd one above for years in the 1990s, and used it as a boost, or before fuzz, or in combo with my Fender Princeton's gain channel that gave me a great Neil Young & Crazy Horse tone. I use the MXR Distortion III now for the same role which sounds smoother to my (likely damaged) ears.

*Points*

That one,..I have that one.

:laugh2: (same one you had.)

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I'm still chasing the tone I got from my 22 lb Hondo 2 and Gorilla SS practice amp and my half-dead RAT pedal:1980 air is what they should be selling- I can't imagine how good 1967 air would sound----

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score

I merely apologised for bringing it up, for bringing it up HERE, and for the pissy posts it gave rise to... I did NOT apologise for any breach of confidence (since there was none) not for any trust betrayed (since there was none)
Not your fault the unwashed hoard got pissy. Not a bit. We'll just disagree and that's cool. :cheers2:

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
To each is own.
If you achieve great tone without pedals, fine.
If you achieve great tone with pedals, fine.
As long as you sound good and that your setup is not because of your "credo" in what tone should be.

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow. The law of unintended consequences rules us all. Lulz. Anyone who agrees with Joe, and especially Joe himself, is welcome to send me their unwanted pedals so that I can ensure they are disposed of properly. :)