Joe Bonamassa plays Tom Wittrock's 'Sandy' 3-5-2012 (1959 Burst Content)

j45

Reaction score
I'd like to add that Joe said Sandy is simply the single best burst he has played.... and that's a lot of bursts. He's had the opportunity to gig with another dozen or so in just recent months (in addition to his own three original bursts) that owners have brought out for him to play.

CDaughtry

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Actually Kerry, he's played 34(besides his 3 for a total of 37), over the last year, and he said that Sandy is his favorite.
That's pretty high praise!:dude:

RAG7890

Reaction score
Actually Kerry, he's played 34(besides his 3 for a total of 37), over the last year, and he said that Sandy is his favorite.
That's pretty high praise!:dude:

Which begs the question, why is it his favorite? Is it neck shape, or weight, or tone, or the vibe, or the top (doubt that) or the combination etc. etc. How does it compare to his Black Knight?

It would be great to find out why. Someone I know who has owned > 20 Bursts recently told me that Sandy was a great Burst as well, but from memory he has also told me that there are several others that were as good & maybe better.

So for those not fortunate enough to have played, let alone owned a really good Burst finding out why it is so good would be cool............:hmm:...........now that I think of it, there is one I know of in Sydney that I am going to play so I can find out for myself while the opportunity exists.

Lastly, I wonder what Gibson will do when they finally access the right tops & make CC4 or CC5 or whatever & bring out Sandy, albeit it is hard to beat old wood. :)

Cheers, Rudi

b3john

Reaction score
JoeB was on Letterman tonight, based on the zebras it looked like he was playing Sandy.

BlueSkyBurst

Reaction score
Hello TW, I noticed in many pictures of "Sandy", you have the ABR-1 bridge turned upside down (intonation screws facing down)? Do/did you do that to make intonating easier? If so, did you also have to change the buckles accordingly, since I thought they were grooved/slotted for the approximate string gauge? Thanks...

RevWillie

Reaction score
Burst Guru Tom holds a Blackguard
Blackguard Guru Nacho holds Sandy

i-qPSCBkd-L.jpg

RAG7890

Reaction score
Cool pic RW. :thumb:

I have heard some good things from several friends about the Nachocasters.

Have you or anyone else for that matter played one? Any comments would be appreciated. :)

:cheers:

srb531

Reaction score
i use to see jeff adams play sandy quite a bit back in the day when he owned it & played in facedancer, i played some of the same clubs facedancer use to play around the baltimore/annapolis/ washington area. jeff is a great player & facedancer was a killer band who got signed & did a few albums on a major label. bet he misses that axe now.

RevWillie

Reaction score
I have heard some good things from several friends about the Nachocasters.

Have you or anyone else for that matter played one? Any comments would be appreciated. :)

A couple of friends - who are phenomenal players - have Nachocasters and love them. :dude:

yeti

Reaction score
i use to see jeff adams play sandy quite a bit back in the day when he owned it & played in facedancer, i played some of the same clubs facedancer use to play around the baltimore/annapolis/ washington area. jeff is a great player & facedancer was a killer band who got signed & did a few albums on a major label. bet he misses that axe now.

so is this Sandy with a different bridge PU?

sandy_zpsc8d0a9b0.png

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
Couldn't watch much of the video. I would like to, but I cannot stand his voice or the way he acts on stage. If he was just the guitarist in the band, I could listen to him and I think I'd like him, but since he sings (and wears shades in a dark environment) I find it very hard to watch any of his videos.

tag2

Reaction score
Couldn't watch much of the video. I would like to, but I cannot stand his voice or the way he acts on stage. If he was just the guitarist in the band, I could listen to him and I think I'd like him, but since he sings (and wears shades in a dark environment) I find it very hard to watch any of his videos.

Hey! Excellent contribution to the forum! :cool:

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
Wasn't that constructive I guess, sorry.

Well, that is a very nice looking and sounding guitar. Joe's obviously doing something right cuz he's there playing all them bursts and I'm, well... Not. Haha

Am I doin' it right?

Quill

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for Mr. Bonamassa to eat a Klon Centaur. I keep checking, he still hasn't done it. I'm just ... so disappointed.

You know I've heard some clips of Mr. Wittrock playing with his blues band and I kinda dug what he was doing. He's a nice player. Of course his sound is completely fantastic, a total dream.

Latest Threads