Joe Bonamassa new Les Paul Norm Burst

rich85

Reaction score
Cool apart from the colour. The red doesn't work with gloss poly. Looks like a $200 Chinese POS overall. But I am loving the new generic Epi headstock. If this was a lemon burst it wouldn't stay in stock. Do you really need an epi to match a real burst? I say no.......unless you are addicted to placebo effects

justjoshin

Reaction score
Not liking the burst color on this either, or the fact that it has the slim tapper neck. If they would have copied one of his 59's (Spot, Carmelita,Snakebite, Principal Skinner) I would probably grab one right away.

1all's Pub

Reaction score
Clown Burst with that ridiculously out of proportion elongated headstock that has no business paired with the relatively small body of an LP and really only belongs on a larger-bodied ES style guitar (and then is just barely passable)... No Thanks! They should have used the other new headstock from the new Worn Classic line (still no curing the clown burst though).

I like Joe B., but that is a tragically ugly guitar.

Late Edit: I noticed that the guitar Joe is playing in the OP video has the “other” new headstock (ie, the one used on the Worn Classic line that is less elongated and more shaped like a Gibson), but the guitars in the pic posted on page 1 of this thread both have the fugly elongated one. And on the Epiphone website it shows the more Gibson-like headstock, so hopefully that’s actually the one used on the guitar and the ones pictured on Page 1 are just prototypes.
4DAD3604-5BE8-4CF8-8688-1105951C665F.jpeg

Last edited:

rich85

Reaction score
It's more the unskilled bursting imo.
There are lots of inexpensive, poly finish MIJ LPs with well shot cherry bursts, no excuses for Epiphone really.
You make a good point there. That looks great.

moreles

Reaction score
Eww. Combo of terrible color and too-thick poly. Awful. Of course poly can look good -- except when it doesn't like here. Joe signed off on that?

rich85

Reaction score
Imagine if they just remade his original Goldtop model with the new headstock and as a regular production model. Like Squier does. Would that be too easy for them??

Seven

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
It's basically just a Plustop Pro with a new headstock...
Pretty much, for an extra $100 you get Mallory tone caps, Original 50s style wiring, “Lifton” 50s style hard case and Certificate of Authenticity.