Joe Bonamassa Nerdville West guitar collection visit and photos with the infamous Burst "Snakebite" & JJ Blair.

eric ernest

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It started with a clandestine flight to LA to pick up a vintage Martin Guitars sign and ended with a trip to San Fran, Nerdville West, and JJ Blairs Studio. Started with 1200 photos and have whittled it down to about 150. Here are the ones that would be of most interest here.

Nerdville West is overwhelming in person. Photos don't really do it justice.

14N.jpg

Joe Bonamassa Nerdville West Guitar Collection visit with Eric Ernest Abalone Vintage. Burst AKA Snake Bite!
6N.jpg

Joe Bonamassa Nerdville West Guitar Collection visit with Eric Ernest Abalone Vintage.
5N.jpg

Tweeds & Marshalls.
19N.jpg

JJ Blair with his bird! Killer!
9N.jpg

1959 Gibson EMS1235.
12N.jpg

Joe Bonamassa Nerdville West Guitar Collection visit with Eric Ernest Abalone Vintage. JJ Blair & '59 V.
18N.jpg

The gates of Nerdville.
IMG_7068.jpg

Golden Gates!
7a.jpg

Best Enchiladas EVER!!!! Cha Cha Chicken in Santa Monica!
2.jpg

Along the Cali coast.
26.JPG

Bye from the Santa Monica Pier!

Joe and JJ were very gracious hosts and both gave me the royal treatment. Thanks guys!

High resolution pics here:

Nerdville pics. LARGE!

Last edited:

MiniB

Reaction score
Is that a mismatched top on the Les Paul? Looks like tons of fun.

RAG7890

Reaction score
Thanks heaps Eric. :thumbs:

JJ is cool, he's been kind enough to help & answer quite a few of my questions over the years.

Mind you Joe did as well when he posted on MLPF ages ago.

Not sure why you'd have so many Tweed Amps but it's his Hobby / Business so each to their own.

Cheers, Rudi

judson

Reaction score
thanks for the post eric...

is joe trying to corner the market on vintage tweeds?

im serious..... is there anyone out there with a bigger collection of them

like that guy that was buying up any burst he could find...dont know his name..

i like seeing crazy collections....

Truth011

Reaction score
If you give up your day job you could be a professional Foodie. Really great pictures!

Do you know how many Bursts Joe now owns?

KTM

Reaction score
thanks for the post eric...

is joe trying to corner the market on vintage tweeds?

im serious..... is there anyone out there with a bigger collection of them

like that guy that was buying up any burst he could find...dont know his name..

i like seeing crazy collections....
I believe the collector you are thinking of is Dirk Ziff. Here's an old photo of his collection with Perry Margouleff, who I believe was helping him procure them at one point.

RAG7890

Reaction score
I believe the collector you are thinking of is Dirk Ziff. Here's an old photo of his collection with Perry Margouleff, who I believe was helping him procure them at one point.

....................including Ed King's stolen Red Eye.

:cheers2:

KTM

Reaction score
....................including Ed King's stolen Red Eye.

:cheers2:
Yep. As I am sure you know, that photo was in the original printing of “The Beauty of the Burst” book and that was how it was discovered.

EDIT: Now that I think abut it there may have been a color page of "Red Eye" as well that has also been removed.

Last edited:

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you'd have so many Tweed Amps but it's his Hobby / Business so each to their own.
I know someone that has a much worse Tweed obsession, and doesn't even have a wall of Marshall and Park amps behind them to balance things up. They do seem to sound pretty good in the main.

Thanks for sharing Eric. Definitely feels a world away from a locked down UK, good to know life is going on still elsewhere...

Liam

eric ernest

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing Eric. Definitely feels a world away from a locked down UK, good to know life is going on still elsewhere...

Liam
Well, it wasn't all roses. I had 3 run-ins with the police. Two in Santa Monica, and one in Anaheim. The one in Anaheim could have gone very badly for me. During that exchange.....I chose my words very carefully. I'll never stay in Anaheim ever again. Ever.

Bizarre it happened a week before what happened in Minnesota. I don't think cops are racist, I do believe they have almost no objectivity training.....which is very bad for anyone who pops up on their radar...even a non-descript guitar guy innocently tooling around LA.

....and no, I don't have photos, or videos of that. :Ohno::Ohno::Ohno: :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Thank God I got out of LA before it hit the fan.

Trying to find food and park was a nightmare. What your APP said had about a 50/50 chance of being accurate. Every parking space near the coast was barricaded. So if you wanted to go to a restaurant to get carryout, you may not be able to find a place to park...since everybody was doing carry-out. Extremely poor planning by every single municipality and police department jurisdiction I went through. Even in the most random out-of-the-way town on the coast, had no parking. One exception, Malibu. They had a few blocks that were not barricaded.

I ate every single meal in my car. (All but one at Cha Cha Chicken!!!!)

IMG_7309.jpg

IMG_7269.jpg

MO21.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Threads