Joe Bonamassa in Hershey Pa

BSeneca

Reaction score
Had the pleasure to see Joe B in Hershey last night as a gift from my inlaws. They had my wife young and are a little less than 20 years older than me. They saw Zeppelin, Cream, Alice Cooper to name a few in their prime. They have great music taste. Anyhow, I found myself more fixated on Joe's guitars than his music per se. The songs rocked and he played flawlessly as you would expect. He played two bursts which sounded great, but my favorite was the bastard Tele with the humbucker in the neck and the red 335. The Tele was just RIDICULOUS sounding. And the 335 sounded to my ears more pleasing than the burst dare I say. I don't know Joe's music well or at all actually. But my favorite part of the show was when he played solo with a Gibson J200. Don't know the song but he freakin killed it. Anyhow feel blessed to have seen him play.

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
Had the pleasure to see Joe B in Hershey last night as a gift from my inlaws. They had my wife young and are a little less than 20 years older than me. They saw Zeppelin, Cream, Alice Cooper to name a few in their prime. They have great music taste. Anyhow, I found myself more fixated on Joe's guitars than his music per se. The songs rocked and he played flawlessly as you would expect. He played two bursts which sounded great, but my favorite was the bastard Tele with the humbucker in the neck and the red 335. The Tele was just RIDICULOUS sounding. And the 335 sounded to my ears more pleasing than the burst dare I say. I don't know Joe's music well or at all actually. But my favorite part of the show was when he played solo with a Gibson J200. Don't know the song but he freakin killed it. Anyhow feel blessed to have seen him play.
Cool! I've said in many threads that seeing him live gives you an appreciation you cannot have just by listening to his music. Plus the gear kicks ass, as you said! Glad you got to go.

BSeneca

Reaction score
This one, right? I took this photo at the Flynn Center in Burlington, Vt., the last time JB came through town.

View attachment 365016
Yes this one. Fucking amazing tone! He did how many more times and I can’t quit you baby. Non players probably missed how he played in Page “style”. No note for note solo, but if you closed your eyes it sounded authentic.

Left Paw

Reaction score
The fretboard looks a lot cleaner in the pic of JB playing the guitar, than it does in the video.. Not sure what that means.

bsteff666

Reaction score
The fretboard looks a lot cleaner in the pic of JB playing the guitar, than it does in the video.. Not sure what that means.
That's because the Tele that Joe has out on tour is actually not the Terry Reid Tele. It is a '51 Nocaster with a PAF in the neck. It actually does look very similar to the Terry Reid...a little less wear though.
I have played it. It is phenomenal.

jerry47

Premium Member
Reaction score
The tele in the photo Isn't Terry's Tele The photo'd tele Is a 1951 nocaster ...terry's was a 52 telecaster