Joe Bonamassa epiphone question, fill me in please

wwit

Reaction score
wow! some real cool funfacts there about mister bonamassa! :applause:
yeah he does absolutly use the volume on the guitar a lot live! he has a good feeling about what sound he wants to sing out of his guitar, I like that about him. also heard he gets migrane(is that even a word in english?) bad headpain? when there is spotlights and stuff so thats why he uses shades.

when you mentioned tenion, is that how long the neck or deap the neck goes into the body? where I come from we call that penetrating:cool: how long in she(body) likes her neck. sorry about that...:rolleyes:

about the potting:) that is really no problem, I will not tell anyone!

signature models or special edition as we call them in car industri is but together of two things.

1. alot of parts which they would like to use before a new model arrives.
2. make something that appeals to a certain group of people.

thank you

Migraine is bad headache in English. Really bad ones at that.

Tenion on a guitar is where the heel of the neck is dove tailed into the body. Long tenion run into the neck pickup cavity. Short tenion stops roughly at the cavity. Always a huge debate if 1 sound better then the other. IMHO its liken to a pickguard on vs. pickguard off debate over which sounds better :hmm:

Mr.JT

Reaction score
market value on these is about the same as new prices, they don't seem to be depreciating.

I sold mine for more then I paid for it new.

haggling is one thing, lowballing is just being sh*tty. ..don't be sh*tty.

..the pickups alone are worth something like $200-$300. :cool:

well, I live in norway. only 5mill live here. so there are not so many musicians...
this means there are not so much equipment and intruments that gets sold.
another ting is that many musicians often buys new guitars and such. so instead of bulking up the house with guitars and amp they just sell it.(guess this is commen but!
most people here makes good money so instead of purchase used they just go to the guitar store and pay the extra it costs to have it new.so the aftermarket price is quite low. good for me. since I cant affort to spend 1months payment on a new guitar. (I have a big house mortgage)

I will ask him to put out a price he is ok selling it for.

Yes the prices on the signature editions like slash, jimmy page o.o
that get produced in a spesific amount of copies gets sold higher as the guitars get sold out. exept for zakk wylde signature.

in norway this is mostly for the gibsons but the epiphones dont have the same effect. popular signaturemodels is right up there with the original price but the market for second hand is not to big so that leaves us sometime with thick walletguys who sell 50% off to make space for his brand new replacement if you get the picture.

sorry my writing is not that great, I read very well english and ok pronuncing but writing is very hard:laugh2:

Mr.JT

Reaction score
thank you Bigmike55 for your input!

Mr.JT

Reaction score
Interesting - I was curious about this as when I bought mine (used) I got the COA but not the book and photo. Thought it might have gone missing; guess not.

Thanks,

Shane

good to see this post helps other than me also

Mr.JT

Reaction score
I think they classified as medium jumbo, but feel more jumbo to me. Personally I love the feel. Thick neck and large frets make for easy bending.

I gig mine on the regular. I'm not a "glass case" kind of guitar guy.

great! jumbo is absolutly easyer to play with as I use 10's on my guitars. I have to say I'am really exited now, only about 6 hours till checking it out!

gsmacleod

Reaction score
great! jumbo is absolutly easyer to play with as I use 10's on my guitars. I have to say I'am really exited now, only about 6 hours till checking it out!

The ones on my are big but compared to the one guitar I have that has jumbo frets (Squier Double Fat Tele Deluxe) the frets are not quite as big as those.

Shane

rogue_one

Reaction score
market value on these is about the same as new prices, they don't seem to be depreciating.

I sold mine for more then I paid for it new.

haggling is one thing, lowballing is just being sh*tty. ..don't be sh*tty.

..the pickups alone are worth something like $200-$300. :cool:

I feel the same way. I had a dude offer me $275 for my Ebony Custom Pro a month or two ago on a guitar I was offering for trade only because, he sees them go for $250 all day long on CL and thought he would throw me a bone. My response was not very kind.

Mr.JT

Reaction score
THANK YOU GUYS!!!

for all the inputs and information and also answering my questions in this tread. As some of you already know I boight the guitar last night!:)

The owner was a really nice guy. About 50yrs played from blues-metall. Seemed like a fender guy. Had several really nice fenders. In 2010 he really wanted to try out les pauls and bought a Gibson studio. He then got hold on the jb.goldtop epi and bought it new. After a year de sold the studio gibbs becouse he was not playing it and then came across a gibson signature joe bonamassa and bought it! So thats why he now wanted to sell the epi jb sign.

And to Malikon; -he wanted 370$ and i payed 370$ it was mint and a real entusiast.

tragewombat

Reaction score
According to Gibson's site none of the BB's are potted.

IIRC this applies to the after-market BBs only. None of those are potted. However, those that are factory-installed, including those put into the JB are potted.

Mr.JT

Reaction score
yeah about the same price as new instore in norway, around 550£

since this guy seems so desperat I will try maybe 50% off. 275£ or even 250£ just to se how much he needs that money

Edit! I saw i was a bit of with norwegian prices!!! New 880$ i used euro currency! So. I still payed under 50% off the new price

Me fcuking up the prices

LPofBorg

Warranty Voider
Reaction score
IIRC this applies to the after-market BBs only. None of those are potted. However, those that are factory-installed, including those put into the JB are potted.

Reverse that. I know that the BBs in my JBGT are not potted (having pulled the covers). I think I read somewhere that the aftermarket BBs are... But I've can't confirm that first hand.

des

Reaction score
The Gold Top I believe had 4 runs of 1000. The initial 1000 had the single sheet of paper cert of auth signed by Joe. The following runs, as like the PB version, had the small book with a photo and the auth cert facing it.

Excellent guitars. I've yet to hear a bad review or comment on them (as long as you like the thick neck as already stated).

just wondering was it not just 2 runs of 1000 for the Goldtop :hmm:

Mr.JT

Reaction score
1 round mid 2010 1 round around 2012 and pb in 2014 and gt 2014. =4000 copies?

tragewombat

Reaction score
Reverse that. I know that the BBs in my JBGT are not potted (having pulled the covers). I think I read somewhere that the aftermarket BBs are... But I've can't confirm that first hand.

Damned, now I have to remove my covers as well :)

Latest Threads