Joe Bonamassa Concert

Rusty Shackleford

Reaction score
I plan on seeing him this November in Columbus Georgia. Tickets are like 150$ a piece but it will be worth every penny. Blues Deluxe is IMO one of the coolest songs ever. Joe is a total mojo king.

djlogan33

Reaction score
I plan on seeing him this November in Columbus Georgia. Tickets are like 150$ a piece but it will be worth every penny. Blues Deluxe is IMO one of the coolest songs ever. Joe is a total mojo king.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Blues Deluxe" is one of Jeff Beck's originals.
I like several of Joe's orginals. My favorite is "Sloe Gin"

Warren Weldon

Peters Creek , Alaska
Reaction score
Just Pre-bought the Vee last night, comes with two meet and greet for him to sign the guitar. I have followed him since he was a kid on a TV special with BB King. To say he has always left me in awe is a gross understatement . I"ll have to book a ticket and fly tot he Lower48 to see him but have always wanted to meet him.

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Reaction score
Very cool:thumb:.........................You know you could have started a NEW thread................pay me no mind....carry on:D

jc2000

Reaction score
Great story. I've never seen him live but I would like to.

I Break Things

Reaction score
He's a great player and seems to just be an all-around nice guy from what I've heard. I've never been to one of his concerts though. A) I'm not much into concerts - don't handle loud noises and crowds well. B) I'm just not really into a lot of stuff he plays. That said, you can't deny his talent. I always like to see when nice, talented guys make it big even if I'm not really into their stuff.

scozz

Reaction score
Very cool:thumb:.........................You know you could have started a NEW thread................pay me no mind....carry on:D
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was thinking the same thing @mudface when I saw the date! Almost 8 years old! Ditto for me what mudface said...”carry on”

GitFiddle

Reaction score
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'm 5'-11'' and he was a lot shorter than me, but that's cool.
Nothing is wrong with that at all.

I did notice when he was shaking fans hands, his hands appeared larger than normal.

I'm only writing this because I have read that SRV, Jimi Hendrix and Robert Johnson all had large and strong hands...that helps when playing a guitar.

I have larger than normal hands...but and they have not helped me that much...yet...ha...ha...

We all know...when playing a guitar well with passion...it starts in the heart/soul, then to the brain and finally through the hands, no matter what size they are...right?
Take a look at Joe Walsh's hands sometime. He has catcher's mitts at the end of his arms. His hands wrap around an LP neck like a normal hand around a broom stick. lol

Bend'n'Slide

Reaction score
Great photo — always good to hear a bit of Walsh from time to time.

I’ve had a lot of fun trying teach myself some of his slide techniques. I’m not sure I’ve succeeded but it is fun trying. Put the slide wherever you like but always keep it moving (!).

I have an old Strat that’s been dedicated to open-E tuning, heavier strings and higher action for many years — obviously what I need to do is get another Lester so I can do the same with an LP!

My wife may not agree, but to me that seems like a perfectly reasonable excuse for a NGD...

:hmm:

:laugh2:

Warren Weldon

Peters Creek , Alaska
Reaction score
Oh you better start a New Thread for Joe Walsh or you"ll get pee'd on!

Warren Weldon

Peters Creek , Alaska
Reaction score
I"ll have to go back out to the shop and wear my headset to see the date! Now that I found it, just too darn tired to pay attention, 7 years doesn't seem so long at my age though,,,,,,