Joe Bonamassa and S/Duncan Team up

Rigidarm

Reaction score
Mine were ordered a few days ago too. Joe is no BS and he puts his heart into everything guitar that he does and then some. With Joe and Seymour together I am sure these pups are going to be really great. Anyway, for your info I am putting them in a 2007 Standard Faded (Tobacco) chambered.

Sct13

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly why I ordered mine he is, no BS and absolutley has passion in his music

I have not decided which historic they will go in. I have a real honkey R8 that is loud (unplugged) and resonates through and through, I put wolftones in that one, My R9 has BB 1&2 and for the moment that is the target instrument because its not as vibrant sounding and might benefit from those pickups. Its a "We'll see" situation. :cool:

Rigidarm

Reaction score
I will send The SD/JB pups to another MLP member who is big on pups. He will do a vid comp on a set of Tim Shaws and then the new SD/JB with same guitar and same setting run through and then post it for anyone interested. Should be very helpful. I think he will be using a 2007 Standard Faded chambered for the demo. Nice line-up you have there.

Sct13

Reaction score
that would be cool and appreciated!

Maybe I'll do a demo as well.

thanx for comment! :fingersx:

jcsk8

Reaction score
I want a review boys, ok? Lol.

Rigidarm

Reaction score
I will do the demo as soon as they get here.

drew365

Reaction score
I will do the demo as soon as they get here.

When they get here, I'm going to have to hold the box up to my ear like a conche shell, because I don't have a guitar that needs new pickups to put them in. What to do? What to do? :hmm: :naughty: :dude:

Rigidarm

Reaction score
I have lots of guitars. You can send em to me and I will take good care of them until you need them.

LPanon

Reaction score
Less than 2,000 sets will be made, each signed by Joe AND Seymour.... How many sets do you think will end up in the hands of collectors who never install them in a guitar? :(

drew365

Reaction score
Less than 2,000 sets will be made, each signed by Joe AND Seymour.... How many sets do you think will end up in the hands of collectors who never install them in a guitar? :(
I don't know. Mine will definitely get installed. I think subconciously, I'm buying them to give me an excuse to buy another guitar. Of course, my wife will hear a different spin on that.:fingersx:

Sct13

Reaction score
I don't know. Mine will definitely get installed. I think subconciously, I'm buying them to give me an excuse to buy another guitar. Of course, my wife will hear a different spin on that.:fingersx:

Dude! you gave away our plan! Shhhhh....:wow:

Its already decided! I am getting another R... something....:hmm:

drew365

Reaction score
So, as it creeps closer to the middle of March, has anyone had any contact with SD lately? Any word on an actual release date?
I mean how long can it take to sign 1,959 pickups. :hmm:, well I guess it could take a while.

Rhust

Reaction score
wow, this is really cool. let us know how they are... I'm sure the set is more than a decent used guitar

redking

Reaction score
wow, this is really cool. let us know how they are... I'm sure the set is more than a decent used guitar

$375 apparently... according to the forum discussion further down the link provided by the OP.

Rhust

Reaction score
$375 apparently... according to the forum discussion further down the link provided by the OP.

my bad, I missed it...

I'll bet they sound sweet though.

Rigidarm

Reaction score
If I don't get them soon I am going to cancel my order with Seymour D and order them from Joe B's dad, might get them faster. He just opened his shop in NY (again) and its called: Bonamassa Guitars.
Anyway, pop Bonamassa deserves our support for giving us a son as talented as Joe.

Pinkie

Reaction score
The confusion with two Duncan pick ups being referred to as JB's should be interesting.

Sct13

Reaction score
The confusion with two Duncan pick ups being referred to as JB's should be interesting.

This has already occurred to me.....I think its hilarious that they did;t see that coming :applause:

Sct13

Reaction score
If I don't get them soon I am going to cancel my order with Seymour D and order them from Joe B's dad, might get them faster. He just opened his shop in NY (again) and its called: Bonamassa Guitars.
Anyway, pop Bonamassa deserves our support for giving us a son as talented as Joe.

The nice lady on the phone said "End of March" Now you cool your jets mister impatient! :)

Latest Threads