Joe B. just spoke about the Murphy Lab

GearHo

Reaction score
Joe is a great player, and like m
Repeating themselves? I’ve posted a half dozen or so posts about the ML. You on the other hand post thread after negative thread about the MLs, across multiple forums. You never waste an opportunity to post that scare picture of extreme finish flaking. The only one trying to convince anyone of anything is you.

frankly I find your incessant rants not to mention fixation on ML and Gibson borderline unhinged. The LPF has always been a fairly tolerant place. I have no doubt that the reason why your post was deleted (which I don’t agree with) is because it was another histrionic rant villifying Gibson and the MLs. And now personal attacks against the integrity of Joe B.

I hope you get your defective guitars fixed and I am not unsympathetic to your initial frustration but the continued whining and ranting some 3 months past seems like nothing more than bitter axe grinding. You have some beautiful guitars and the resources to buy more at a time when there is much suffering in the world. I feel blessed every time I pick up one of my beautiful Gibsons and I’d feel the same even if all the finish flaked off.
well said, I found myself doing this very thing, and parlaying my disdain for certain parts of JB as another way to keep whining.

life Is too short, and I have been blessed with ten les Paul’s from every era, quit yer Bitching gearho…

calieng

Reaction score
Well all you finish experts....this was just posted on The Gear Page. Looks like the SGs are not exempt from the disaster. And there is another post saying their ES-335 is now falling apart.

As I said this issue will go on for the next year or more. THE FINISH DETERIORATES WITH TIME - IT WILL NOT STAY THE WAY YOU GOT IT AS NEW.

I feel like I am talking to a brick wall sometimes.....

But I will keep on posting to try to help those who want to be helped.

@Pageburst You are like one of those stock investors that falls in love with a company and rides the stock price all the way down to bankruptcy without bailing out and saving some of your investment. It is fine to love Les Pauls but you are being foolish to hang on to a defective one. And I am not whining. I am causing some headache for Gibson who has jerked me around a few times now on purchases well over 6 figures in total. Your post came across as pompous and condescending - at least to me - and was not appreciated.

QOcg4K8h.jpg

Last edited:

Torshalla

Reaction score
Thanks for your posts mate… i was very interested in getting a ML LP, but I will wait until these issues are confirmed to be 100% resolved (they will therefore have to be acknowledged first)
I have no issue paying a premium for an aged guitar, I love aged guitars. So I hope Gibson comes clean and sorts this out.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me toss this in and I don't much care who agrees, disagrees, etc..
disclaimer: I do not know Joe, have never met him, and he does not owe me money. He's a nerd that can play his ass off...

Reality check 1:
JoBo is a company. Joe is a gear nerd. They are two separate entities.

JoBo are people that handle stuff, logistics, merch, shows, tickets, etc..

Joe plays guitar, sings, and collects cool shit. Smart marketing folks do the merch shit...

Logic. All kinds of merch out there hawked at shows and online.....some really stupid shit that has nothing to do with 'music' as such but it sells.... Lots of bands made a lot of bank selling cheap ass three dollar tshirts from some dipshit country for ungodly stupid prices at shows.... Other stupid shit is sold as well... Some stupid shit ordered online as gifts for little Bobby by Granny or Aunt Bee.... Just is...

Gene Simmons is like a old ass damn carnie hawker from hell....but folks bust on Joe for his merch? Jeebus...

JoBo makes bank. They are smart. Joe plays guitar, sings, and collects cool shit. To think otherwise is to be pretty ignorant of business.

Joe may have had hand picked guitars handed to him from Gibson. Who the hell knows. So what.

Reality check 2:
Joe can play circles around Clapton and play stuff Clapton could never play. Just is. Does that diminish Clapton? No, not in the least. Joe can smoke a lot of 'our old guitar heroes of old'. So what. Joe can play circles around a lot of folks. Unknown Hinson can smoke a lot of so called guitar gods... There are damn kids out there that can smoke about all our asses on about any instrument. So what. Some get all moist listening to Neil playing that filthy ass black Lester. I get ill listening to him. Sounds like a Banshee with a severe 'roid attack after a Caro Reaper eating contest.... So what.

I find the pile-on stuff interesting.

Now to Gibson....

Does anybody actually believe the paint issue on this small group of guitars is head shed front burner at Gib and can make or break Gib? Delusional at best. The time expended for me to type this, there could have been hundreds or more Lesters sold around the world... and that's just main line Lesters.... Lesters... Now how about Studios, SGs, 3XX, basses (no, strike that bullshit), acoustics, etc.... Oh, then there is Epiphone, Steinberger, Mesa Eng, and whatever the hell other companies they still own.... Reckon just how many regular Studios are sold in comparison to a high dollar relic... and not ALL the high dollar relics had the bad paint job issue...

It sucks that it happened. Gib has handled it in a suck ass way for sure. They should have kissed some ass and made folks well on it. It sucks. BUT, it will not take Gib down. Levi probably knows very little about it as he has a lot of bigger shit to deal with, with a company THAT damn big.... Remember the clear coat sweepstakes some years back with vehicles industry wide? Shit happens....

Sure, if you're sold a defective product, talk with them and bitch....with them...by phone, emails to head shed, whatever. If I had paid major bank for defective, my ass would hand carry it/them to Nash and somebody there would talk to me face to face looking at the defect in person.... If I had bought several of em, you can bet I'd be in Nash.

Just pondering out loud.... Ignore at your leisure...

edro.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
disclaimer: I do not know Joe, have never met him, and he does not owe me money. He's a nerd that can play his ass off...

Reality check 1:

Joe plays guitar, sings, and collects cool shit. Smart marketing folks do the merch shit...

Logic. All kinds of merch out there hawked at shows and online.....some really stupid shit that has nothing to do with 'music' as such but it sells.... Lots of bands made a lot of bank selling cheap ass three dollar tshirts from some dipshit country for ungodly stupid prices at shows.... Other stupid shit is sold as well... Some stupid shit ordered online as gifts for little Bobby by Granny or Aunt Bee.... Just is...

Gene Simmons is like a old ass damn carnie hawker from hell....but folks bust on Joe for his merch? Jeebus...

JoBo makes bank. They are smart. Joe plays guitar, sings, and collects cool shit. To think otherwise is to be pretty ignorant of business.

Joe may have had hand picked guitars handed to him from Gibson. Who the hell knows. So what.

Reality check 2:
Joe can play circles around Clapton and play stuff Clapton could never play. Just is. Does that diminish Clapton? No, not in the least. Joe can smoke a lot of 'our old guitar heroes of old'. So what. Joe can play circles around a lot of folks. Unknown Hinson can smoke a lot of so called guitar gods... There are damn kids out there that can smoke about all our asses on about any instrument. So what. Some get all moist listening to Neil playing that filthy ass black Lester. I get ill listening to him. Sounds like a Banshee with a severe 'roid attack after a Caro Reaper eating contest.... So what.

Now to Gibson....

Does anybody actually believe the paint issue on this small group of guitars is head shed front burner at Gib and can make or break Gib? Delusional at best. The time expended for me to type this, there could have been hundreds or more Lesters sold around the world... and that's just main line Lesters.... Lesters... Now how about Studios, SGs, 3XX, basses (no, strike that bullshit), acoustics, etc.... Oh, then there is Epiphone, Steinberger, Mesa Eng, and whatever the hell other companies they still own.... Reckon just how many regular Studios are sold in comparison to a high dollar relic... and not ALL the high dollar relics had the bad paint job issue...

It sucks that it happened. Gib has handled it in a suck ass way for sure. They should have kissed some ass and made folks well on it. It sucks. BUT, it will not take Gib down. Levi probably knows very little about it as he has a lot of bigger shit to deal with, with a company THAT damn big.... Remember the clear coat sweepstakes some years back with vehicles industry wide? Shit happens....

Sure, if you're sold a defective product, talk with them and bitch....with them...by phone, emails to head shed, whatever. If I had paid major bank for defective, my ass would hand carry it/them to Nash and somebody there would talk to me face to face looking at the defect in person.... If I had bought several of em, you can bet I'd be in Nash.

edro.

pmonk

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Joe B actually aware of the full extent of the problems some customers have had with their guitars?.
I seriously doubt a person that possess the love and expertise of Gibson guitars such as him is not aware of what is going on with the Murphy Lab problem.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

The next person that asks me to hard pan any damn channel/track is getting shot....
On my Macbook that made my damn brain hurt....
Jeebus.... They must have been smoking some good shit in the control room....

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Vic. :slap:
I'm gonna have to listen to some Dregs to get my mind right again....

Pageburst

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
lmfao, you really can’t help yourself can you. You should work for the media as you like to take the most extreme examples of finish issues and then dump them and your vile against Gibson and ML across this entire forum.

Condescending? In my first few posts responding to your first thread, didn‘t I thank you for bringing the matter to our attention? but that was 3 months ago.

fyi a lot of people on this forum love their Gibson guitars. And I’ve repeatedly stated that I NEVER LOOK AT A NEW GUITAR AS AN INVESTMENT. I think that’s folly. Maybe that’s the cause of your rage. Did you rush out and buy 12 MLs to augment your 401k? My one ML is a tool. It feels great, sounds great and if a little finish flakes off so what.

i feel grateful to be in a position to own so many beautiful guitars and that gratitude increases each time I play them. Maybe you should take stock and be grateful for what you do have. Be grateful that you got refunded for the ML guitars you purchased and returned and get on with your life. Be grateful you are (hopefully) healthy and have a roof over your head. You had a nice thread about doing an HM with Kim. Maybe you should concentrate on the positive instead of constantly whining and ranting about Gibson. It’s enough already. I’m seriously not your adversary, it’s just time to move on.

Well all you finish experts....this was just posted on The Gear Page. Looks like the SGs are not exempt from the disaster. And there is another post saying their ES-335 is now falling apart.

As I said this issue will go on for the next year or more. THE FINISH DETERIORATES WITH TIME - IT WILL NOT STAY THE WAY YOU GOT IT AS NEW.

@Pageburst You are like one of those stock investors that falls in love with a company and rides the stock price all the way down to bankruptcy without bailing out and saving some of your investment. It is fine to love Les Pauls but you are being foolish to hang on to a defective one. And I am not whining. I am causing some headache for Gibson who has jerked me around a few times now on purchases well over 6 figures in total. Your post came across as pompous and condescending - at least to me - and was not appreciated.

View attachment 555777

Last edited:

GearHo

Reaction score

Reality check 1:

Reality check 2:

Now to Gibson....

edro.
This is the most accurate post regarding jobo and Gibson

The common sense is convincing and suckin the fun out of my whiny poochie lipped rants....I feel dirty...
First poochie lips, now jobo

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like players by their music and how they play.....i don't like much of Joe B. never had......sort of like a PRS, don't like those guitars, never did......or Quarterpounders from McD's, don't like them. I like Wendy burgers and Sonic burgers, but the QP's from McD's suck. Good thing we don't have to look at Quarterpounder T shirts and coffee cups or Ronald the clown discussing that latest thro-back burgers.

I think it's fine for people to not like every player out there just because they make an album. Madonna should get some respect too if that's the case. Madonna and Joe can make ugly babies for all i care.

:p

KStopper65

Reaction score
You can get crackle finishes for way less, just saying:dunno:

View attachment 555777

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like players by their music and how they play.....i don't like much of Joe B. never had......sort of like a PRS, don't like those guitars, never did......or Quarterpounders from McD's, don't like them. I like Wendy burgers and Sonic burgers, but the QP's from McD's suck. Good thing we don't have to look at Quarterpounder T shirts and coffee cups or Ronald the clown discussing that latest thro-back burgers.

I think it's fine for people to not like every player out there just because they make an album. Madonna should get some respect too if that's the case. Madonna and Joe can make ugly babies for all i care.

:p

Except Limpy Krapitz....

(and Steve. Fuck Steve.)

:laugh2:

GearHo

Reaction score
I will not be a poochie lipped momo Jobo hater….
I will not be a poochie lipped momo Jobo hater…..

fuck Gibson they don’t rhyme with Jobo or momo,
How about Gomos...ya, fuck the gomos

Last edited:

Latest Threads