Joan Jett Melody Maker

Miranda

Reaction score
Hello

I'd appreciate some guidance.

There is a Joan Jett Melody Maker with a Gibson case for sale locally. The owner says it is almost new. He tried guitar but had no talent. That is why he is selling it.

They listed it for sale for $450 but accepted my offer of $375. I'm going to see it tomorrow.

I googled this guitar and watched a few You Tube videos on it. It seems a good guitar...light and not too big. I tried a different Gibson once and it was hard to hold up.

My question. When I was googling I came across references to copies of Gibson guitars. They are not even real Gibson guitars. Does anyone know if this model has also been copied? I didn't see any references to copies of the Joan Jett Melody Maker in particular.

Thank you for your time.

flyingdutchman

Reaction score
Anything can and probably is copied. Just go over it and make sure it looks well built and plays correctly. Im not sure why someone would copy a Melody Maker.

River

Reaction score
No one here can say for sure without photos, but memorize or print and take with you photos of the genuine article. It should be obvious pretty quickly if you're dealing with a fake.

I've never heard of a fake MM, much less a Joan Jett, but as posted above, anything's possible.

I hope it's real and that you jump on it. You're gonna love it. :thumb:

Miranda

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind replies.

I also just noted some references to this guitar at the bottom to other threads. That is certainly a handy feature.

The Refugee

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind replies.

I also just noted some references to this guitar at the bottom to other threads. That is certainly a handy feature.

Yeah we're just a bunch of helpful people over here :thumb:

studio1087

Reaction score
Joan Jett Melody Maker for 375!?

GET IT.

or i will ;)

Or I will too! That's a deal. That would just be a cool guitar to hang onto. Joan has a lot of style.

220px-Jett_Rocks.jpg

slapshot

Reaction score
yes Greco made a melody maker copy.i'd like to find one actually
blackheart?
gib_jj_mm_bk_1.jpg

worn white?
gibson-joanjettmm1-460-80.jpg

halfway through making a melody maker joan jett/johnny ramone mosrite thing ....
IMG_4059.JPG

now if i could just remember to order some scratchplate material .....

icantbuyafender

Reaction score
yes Greco made a melody maker copy.i'd like to find one actually
blackheart?
gib_jj_mm_bk_1.jpg

worn white?
gibson-joanjettmm1-460-80.jpg

halfway through making a melody maker joan jett/johnny ramone mosrite thing ....
IMG_4059.JPG

now if i could just remember to order some scratchplate material .....

Im a sucker for worn white.

I like the red inlays on the blackheart tho.

JerseyJettfan

Reaction score
I've been tracking the Gibson Joan Jett Signature Melody Maker as well as the later Blackheart version since their release and can say that I have NOT come across a fake or counterfeit to date.

The Joan Jett & Blackheart Melody Makers are lighter then typical Gibson/Epiphone guitars. Just make sure to get the original hardshell case and "case candy" if it's the earlier Worn White version

For the price you've negotiated it's a steal, JUMP ON IT NOW ! !

Benguitar

Reaction score
Hello

He tried guitar but had no talent.

I don't know why, But that line bothered me, It sounds pretty mean. I mean, To outright say someone doesn't have any talent.. That's harsh.

I admit I'm reading way too much into it and it probably wasn't intended the way I read it.

Anyway, I think the chances of a fake Joan Jett Melody Maker are really slim. I think you'll like it, I've heard nothing but good things from people who have them.

River

Reaction score
I don't know why, But that line bothered me, It sounds pretty mean. I mean, To outright say someone doesn't have any talent.. That's harsh.
I believe the seller said it of himself. Actually less harsh than admitting to being too lazy. :)

icantbuyafender

Reaction score
why are the new Blackheart ones starting at a higher price than the white ones?

No difference other than the color and inlays.

hmmm.....

Latest Threads