Jimmy Page Says Stairway to Heaven Ripoff Claim Is 'Ridiculous'

rockstar232007

Reaction score
You bang one 14 year old girl when you're an adult and you're thought of as a pedophile for the rest of your life. Geeeez.
Funny, I've never thought of JP as a , "pedophile". Now, Pete Townsend on the other hand?:hmm:

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

You guys are COLD. :applause:

I don't see a copyright infringement this time. That's a traditional chord sequence, and both bands are using simple arpeggiations of those chords. Even a difference there, and the melodic fills are totally not the same.

Please don't let that distract from the remainder of your crucifixion. :laugh2:

hecube

Reaction score
Jimmy touched and Pete looked, still Pete gets the nod for the creep factor though.

The groupies flocked to Zep. Pete had to take his credit card out... now that's cold...

HRC

Reaction score
jimmy-page.jpeg

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
Right on to Little Jimmy Page! This nonsense has to go away! I'm a Spirit fan myself but, I know they are two different deals. Spirit was jazz based and, Led Zeppelin was blues based. This lawsuit nonsense if just "Fresh Garbage." For all you Page haters, yee who is free of sin, pull off a better solo than the one on "Heartbreaker." You pull that off, I'll help you gather stones to cast!

HRC

Reaction score
Fuk Page and the 14 year old, oops I mean horse he rode in on. :laugh2:

parts

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpsRgh4PvKo]the rolling stones - stray cat blues - stereo edit 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
For all you Page haters, yee who is free of sin, pull off a better solo than the one on "Heartbreaker." You pull that off, I'll help you gather stones to cast!

Really? eek.

I'd have gone with Black Dog or Stairway solo myself. Heartbreaker solo is full of clams and miss-picks and stutters/f**k ups. ..it's like his worst solo. :laugh2:

that solo is really hard to play because it's hard to f**k up enough that it sounds legit. :laugh2:

Now Stairway?...that's a killer solo. :dude:
Black Dog? Killer solo.

Dude could play his ass off when he was sober. He's not sloppy like people say,..I think he was drunk a lot of the time.

I've seen live footage of him doing sh*t that would give Yngwie a run for his money. He could totally shred. (and on a Danelectro no less)

.....but Heartbreaker? :laugh2:

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My personal favorite is the wah break on Whole Lotta Love. Pure madness. :laugh2:

I'm talking about the bit after the LFO interlude. Boom Boom, you know what I mean.

Damn, that whole track. Balls! All four of those guys could really play.

Heartbreaker isn't even in tune, ffs. :shock:

Arzachel

Reaction score
they toured with and were fans of spirit when they were on the way up so imo yes the intro was lifted but the two songs remain unique so no real issue

taking phrases etc has always gone on in music we are all influenced by someone its hard to avoid this action if successful could be a nightmare for anyone that writes music.

With Zeppelin it's the lack of credit for songs that could qualify as covers which they are really guilty of.

RichBrew

Reaction score
they should have asked him if he belonged in jail for "dating" 14 year old girls:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

If he does then there will be a few; very big; internationally-known stars of the music business will be nervously keeping an eye on the situation.

RichBrew

Jakeislove

Reaction score
Right on to Little Jimmy Page! This nonsense has to go away! I'm a Spirit fan myself but, I know they are two different deals. Spirit was jazz based and, Led Zeppelin was blues based. This lawsuit nonsense if just "Fresh Garbage." For all you Page haters, yee who is free of sin, pull off a better solo than the one on "Heartbreaker." You pull that off, I'll help you gather stones to cast!

It's always nice seeing guys take Jimmy Page gobblery to a higher level.

jlu52

ignoramus maximus emeritus
Reaction score
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

You guys are COLD. :applause:

I don't see a copyright infringement this time. That's a traditional chord sequence, and both bands are using simple arpeggiations of those chords. Even a difference there, and the melodic fills are totally not the same.

Please don't let that distract from the remainder of your crucifixion. :laugh2:

I've been a Spirit fan since their inception, and I agree with Mud. Hell, Randy never sued when he was alive, although Randy thought that Jimmy may have gotten his idea for his song from Randy's song, back in the day when LZ opened for Spirit.....

cherokee

Reaction score
What is it with these guys and the young girls. But I really put people like Page and Ted in a different boat then Jerry Lee....it was a different time.

You have to remember that at the time of Jerry lee and Loretta Lynn getting married at 14 was legal. A little creepy even for the time, but legal none the less. And it happened a great deal up into the 50's.

You really can't judge the past by using todays values....well you can, but it is not going to give you an accurate view of the time when those people lived.

cmerch

Reaction score
I wasn't aware Spirit invented the descending chromatic bass line... I guess you learn something new everyday.

Guitarhack

Reaction score
Spirit should start suing everyone who has a song with a descending bass line. Wait, did we just come up with Zep's defense strategy?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1YxczPEPrs]Jim Croce - Greatest Hits - Time In A Bottle - YouTube[/ame]

Latest Threads