Jimmy Page Says - No Led Zeppelin Reunion

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I agree. I bought the Crows Page album. Every time I listened to it I went right back to my Zeppelin playlist. :laugh2: Obviously live is different and I would kill to see Zep tunes at that level, live.

How the West Was Won....

Live at their peak... as I remember them.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
How the West Was Won....

Live at their peak... as I remember them.

Which footage? That film spanned much of their career. There was early stuff, footage from the shows that ended up being TSRTS, and footage from Knebworth (probably other stuff too that I am simply forgetting right now).

six-string

Reaction score
no offense to anyone's posts, but these discussions slay me.
Page played better when he was comatose than most pickers can at their best.
We should be thankful we had a chance to hear and witness his artistry.
I wish him a long and happy life.
may he die f*cking beautiful women to oblivion.

ehs5mw

Reaction score
He let one hell of a fart rip?

Funnily enough, the video was just approaching that point when I read your post so I managed to scroll up and catch it. In all honesty, it looked like some kind of neurological thing.

It looks like he turns to Plant and says, "Excuse me." I don't know.

bscenefilms

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kind of get the impression that Jimmy is unsure what to do with himself now. As an artist, he may have nothing new to say - That happens... I hope he finds a project that inspires him.

Luckynumber3

Reaction score
I sort of really want to see Led Zeppelin live.

Still, they would never be as good as they were, and it might go down as badly as that Gnr reunion where Axl got blasted... :eek:

The song may remain the same, but it might not exactly be a celebration day if they got together again to play...

(they probably did a good job ending when Bonham died too, otherwise we might have got some bizarre 80s twist on zeppelin that is worse than In Through the Out Door!)

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
I kind of get the impression that Jimmy is unsure what to do with himself now. As an artist, he may have nothing new to say - That happens... I hope he finds a project that inspires him.

Or he has a lot to say that he thinks can only be properly expressed through the medium of Led Zeppelin but is being prevented from doing so by Plant. Just a thought....

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
(they probably did a good job ending when Bonham died too, otherwise we might have got some bizarre 80s twist on zeppelin that is worse than In Through the Out Door!)

I like that album, always have. It came about primarily because Jones had to take the reigns from Page who was hardly capable at the time but I think it stands up well and shows that they were willing, and able, to push their musical boundaries a bit rather than being stuck in the same old groove. It might not be their best work, but it isn't bad.

River

Reaction score
PS: Ever seen a Zep reunion show of any kind that can be compared to Song Remains the Same? I haven't.

Just being honest. :slash:
So who's stuck in the '70s? :hmm:

I remain relatively unimpressed with TSRTS sound track, and think much of what I've heard from the reunion concert is much better.

Death Incarnate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Someone should have asked John, "Who is a better drummer, Jason or Dave Grohl?"

bscenefilms

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or he has a lot to say that he thinks can only be properly expressed through the medium of Led Zeppelin but is being prevented from doing so by Plant. Just a thought....

You can never go home again...

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
So who's stuck in the '70s? :hmm:

I remain relatively unimpressed with TSRTS sound track, and think much of what I've heard from the reunion concert is much better.

I had a bootleg on tape when I was a teenager that I enjoyed more. I think it was called 'Destroyer"

Corrosion of Conformity

Reaction score
Good. :laugh2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrp2N_i7Axk]Screeching Weasel - I Hate Led Zeppelin - YouTube[/ame]

JTS550

Reaction score
...check out Jimmy Page with The Black Crowes. Sounds better than Zep ever did live - you have three guitar players to cover all of the overdubbed parts on the albums. Fortunately, I got to see them around 2000/2001 when they toured.

No idea why that tour or at least the show at the Greek has not been commercially released on DVD or Blu-ray.

Really looking forward to Nov 19 for Celebration Day!

River

Reaction score
I had a bootleg on tape when I was a teenager that I enjoyed more. I think it was called 'Destroyer"
I've a bunch, but not that one. Of course, we all "know" that "How The West Was Won" kicks TSRTS ass, and doesn't force you to sit through the campy-puke visualizations the movie does. :cool2:

If you want to hear anything and everything that they ever played with at least someone in the audience having a recorder, look up my friend MLP member huw. He has it all, and knows everything about every recording.

No, they didn't "have their day and now it's over". They stopped time and allowed several different threads of musical reality to merge and manifest themselves. If they decide to have some kind of musical "anniversary" party and share memories of that time with the rest of us, I'm all for it. If they don't, that's OK too.

Red Flametop

Reaction score
As much as I was excited for the O2 "reunion", the music lost a lot of it's punch from having to downtune to compensate for Percy's loss of vocal range(not slinging mud, Robert Plant will always be the "Golden God"). Has to be BEYOND frustrating for Jimmy to not be able to tour the music that made him a legend...but without Robert, there simply is NO Led Zeppelin. Time to let it rest.

Latest Threads