Jimmy Page plans 2013 solo tour

ledzepp2122

Reaction score

Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page has revealed that he plans to go out on a solo tour next year.

The legendary guitarist, who is busy promoting the release of Led Zeppelin's live DVD 'Celebration Day', said he had planned to tour this year but with the release of the O2 Arena concert film he has had to postpone his solo trek till 2013.

Speaking in an interview with Guitar World, Page said: "This time last year I intended to be actually playing by now in a live outfit. So that will have to be postponed now into sort of next year, tail end of next year. But I definitely want to be doing that."

Page also spoke out about rumours that he, bassist John Paul Jones and drummer Jason Bonham were looking to replace Robert Plant with another singer and tour as Led Zeppelin.

"[After the 2007 O2 Arena tribute gig] Jason, myself and John Paul Jones felt it was the right thing to do to go in and start playing new material and see how we were getting on," said Page. "There was talk about bringing in some other singers, but that would have changed the character of what we were doing, and done it rather suddenly."

He added: "There was a lot of…I won't say pressure but a lot of hinting about 'this singer and that singer.' And for me, it was more about, 'Let's see what we can really do.' But I don't think we really got a chance to do that."

Last week, Led Zeppelin were honoured at the White House by Barack Obama for their contribution to America culture and the arts. Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page were among a group of artists who received Kennedy Centre Honours.
Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page plans 2013 solo tour | News | NME.COM

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
I saw an extensive (half hour) interview with him on the BBC a couple of days ago and he said he hasn't even decided which musicians he might bring in to record with next year.

Red Flametop

Reaction score
Would definitely go if the tour itinerary brings him nearby(as in within a 100-mile radius) and the tix prices aren't on the far side of obscene.

Yes, new Zeppelin material would be beyond sweet, but it won't happen and most of us know/understand/respect that and the reasons why....but there'll always be that "what if" that lingers. Here's to Jimmy getting the right asemblage of musicians together to record some great material.

guitarbob123

Reaction score
I saw an extensive (half hour) interview with him on the BBC a couple of days ago and he said he hasn't even decided which musicians he might bring in to record with next year.
He'll probably be able to pick from any musician in the world to join his band. I can hardly see anyone saying no to being in a band with Jimmy Page!

The Archer

Reaction score
I think he should hire Justin Timberlake to sing for him. That would rock

Dino Velvet

Reaction score
I saw that too it was pretty good. On Planet Rock - (UK Radio) He said he has all the music for the record written. He just has to go to the studio and lay it down.

The_Sentry

Reaction score
You know what would be cool?

If he got the Black Country Communion guys. You know..Glenn, Derek and Jason? Joe can stay at home. :D

The Archer

Reaction score
You know what would be cool?

If he got the Black Country Communion guys. You know..Glenn, Derek and Jason? Joe can stay at home. :D
I'd be down with Jason and Derek. Hearing Glenn shriek Led Zeppelin songs would be a travesty.

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If they want a singer, they need to get Ann Wilson. Did you guys see her and Nancy performing Stairway during the Kennedy Center show last night on CBS? Her range is right there with Robert, if that's what they're looking for. She did amazing!

Mordor

Reaction score
Why not with Plant?Argh...

Anyway, if he decides to do so, I wish him the best of luck.Grandpa still seems to be rocking the world...

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
Why not with Plant?Argh...

Anyway, if he decides to do so, I wish him the best of luck.Grandpa still seems to be rocking the world...

Because Plant doesn't want to do it. I can understand him not wanting to tour but I don't see why they don't pull a Steely Dan and release an album with no supporting tour (Steely Dan stopped touring in '73 or thereabouts). They proved with the O2 show that they are still one of the best bands out there so they have nothing to prove with a tour. Release a record to reestablish your place at the top of the mountain and call it a career.

Latest Threads