Jimmy Page is a Fookin' Genius

Crotch

Skippy Handleman
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before you get all bent out I love JP. But the stealing and statutory rape jokes are pretty damn funny.

Oh Mama

Greta Van Fleet Share New Performance Video Of Tears Of Rain

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Page entranced me at 13-first time I saw him in white suit w/Robert I thought both were gals! I "tried" playing Zep from 1980-1984-STUNK-I'm not a good cover guy-now-I listen to the recording techniques and how simple many lines are. I like his "slop" very R+R-he is more interested in theatrics than precision live. I saw him WASTED with the Firm-CRAP-but he hit PAGE notes and time stood still. Page +Pete I copy their stage moves-actually makes parts sound more dynamic-pose like these guys-get results.
1634856148378.png

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
I wonder how much of the work that John Paul Jones did, got credited to Jimmy ?

People talk about the awesomeness of Bonham
The genus of Jimmy
And then there was the Rock God - Robert Plant

John Paul Jones gets so under rated and under-appreciated in Zeppelin.

TheX

Dirka Dirka
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Page entranced me at 13-first time I saw him in white suit w/Robert I thought both were gals! I "tried" playing Zep from 1980-1984-STUNK-I'm not a good cover guy-now-I listen to the recording techniques and how simple many lines are. I like his "slop" very R+R-he is more interested in theatrics than precision live. I saw him WASTED with the Firm-CRAP-but he hit PAGE notes and time stood still. Page +Pete I copy their stage moves-actually makes parts sound more dynamic-pose like these guys-get results.
View attachment 567236
Total badass.

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
When I was a teenager and totally into the 80s shred thing I thought JP was a lazy player. When Coverdale/Page came out and I ended up loving it I looked backwards and began to appreciate all the LZ stuff.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Jimmy page is my B*tch

Latest Threads