Jimmy Page ... History of his Guitars !!!

DADGAD

Reaction score

TrippyStormtrooper

Reaction score
The book is fantastic. Nice to see close up photos of the back / inside of his Superbass and all the other random Gack. Curious about the FX Loop and Slave on the Superbass. I may be wrong, but no body has really mentioned that much.

archtopmaker

Reaction score
So cool! I need to grab this book. Are those KT88's in the Superbass? Would that have come with EL34's stock?

fernieite

Reaction score
Hey guys. PSA: Amazon has the Anthology book on a very reduced price right now. $36 US shipped!

Amazon.ca has it for $57 Canadian shipped. Just bought a copy!

Last edited:

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 495251
View attachment 495253
View attachment 495254

View attachment 495252

View attachment 495255

View attachment 495256

There are 1000s more details such as this in this great book..."Jimmy Page The Anthology".... of all of Jimmy's gear and when and how he used it all from day one..... takes the guess work out........... written by Jimmy.

That bender, BTW.. There's this guy who's making the same type of unit, the one the curls the B string around the post, and the very similar inner-workings. If anyone needs one installed, PM for deets.

mudface

Boo Bee
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That bender, BTW.. There's this guy who's making the same type of unit, the one the curls the B string around the post, and the very similar inner-workings. If anyone needs one installed, PM for deets.
The problem with that bastard (Les Pauls that is) is the carve of the top and that damn toggle switch..... must of been a bitch.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem with that bastard (Les Pauls that is) is the carve of the top and that damn toggle switch..... must of been a bitch.

Indeed a challenge, but nothing a crafty guy can't overcome.

The neat thing about this type of bender (which wasn't affordably do-able IMO until now) is that it can be adapted to most instruments, save for "upper horn" instruments like strats.

I even saw one mounted in an acoustic!

hecube

Reaction score
I'm waiting for my copy.

Is there anything in the book about his triple-neck mando/12-string/6-string?

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
@LtDave32 Can you clue me in on where to get a nice bender setup like the one you've shown? WD Music used to sell the Parsons' Bender kits, but they have been out of stock for a couple years and removed it entirely from the website, recently. The one you show looks to be about the nicest version I've ever seen. Missing a grommet / cowl for the strap button slot, though?

I finished this er... "inspired by" last Spring. I actually do not like the design of this B-Bender. It's got one serious flaw and a few lesser ones.

The flamey arm that connects to the string cam does so via a slot in the arm and a flat portion of the cam that fits inside that slot. The steel is thin on either side of that slot in the arm and, after this guitar was in the hands of a touring pro for a couple years, it started to stretch out around the cam and will one day give and crack, or at least fail to operate the cam and just rotate around it.

The other thing I didn't like is that the other end of that arm, as well as the other arm, both mount to the connecting bar and spring via a few fixed position holes to choose from for adjustment of feel (tuning is done via a set screw on the top bout of the guitar which you can't see in these photos). A slot would have worked better in the location of those holes for infinite adjustment, instead of just a few fixed choices. At least one slot on either side of the connecting bar.

So, I guess I wish the slots were where the holes are and the holes were where the slot is. lol! The one Dave posted above looks like it has a turnbuckle type thing in the connecting bar, which would also do exactly what I'm talking about (and probably better).

It does look cool and the rest of it works well. I was terrified I was going to rip through the top though. There's not much wood left between the route and top.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
Got my Anthology book today, btw. Was disappointed to have no gut shots of #1 or #2, but very pleased with the awesome amount of other information and photos. It'll take me quite a while to take it all in, which I'm very much looking forward to.

Some photos of the backs of the Marshalls I'd not seen before, including the #1 Super Bass. Anyone know what the external jacks are for? Bias test points, maybe?

Latest Threads