Jimmy Page ... History of his Guitars !!!

pmonk

Reaction score
I personally wished that would better display the double neck. Can't get a good look at it all they way up like that.

The way Blackie and the # 1 are displayed allows you to go over ever detail. The burn mark on the top of # 1 just screams nodding off while smoking a cigarette.

Brewdude

Reaction score
I know there are a few threads about this exhibit but figured I’d post my shots here...

What can I say except that it was of course an incredible experience to see them in real life, certainly something I never thought I’d do. The black Custom was tucked away on a wall but #1 was right smack in the middle of the room. It is of course hard to see behind plastic but the neck didn’t seem as insanely thin as it is rumored to be, but I wouldn’t be shocked if the actual profile is what makes it so unique. Other than that it’s had a refret and clearly been well used, the finish has really faded and the back almost looked rounded off due to wear.The grain of the top half of the maple cap was very interesting and when I was sure this was the real deal and not a replica.

Enough rambling, onto pics

Last edited:

hecube

Reaction score
What does it say about Page's "musical projects" considering his main guitars are in a museum?

indeedido

Reaction score
That guitar has been toured hard and played about as much as any '59 LP. It's really in remarkable condition.

BrianB

Reaction score
I know there are a few threads about this exhibit but figured I’d post my shots here...

What can I say except that it was of course an incredible experience to see them in real life, certainly something I never thought I’d do. The black Custom was tucked away on a wall but #1 was right smack in the middle of the room. It is of course hard to see behind plastic but the neck didn’t seem as insanely thin as it is rumored to be, but I wouldn’t be shocked if the actual profile is what makes it so unique. Other than that it’s had a refret and clearly been well used, the finish has really faded and the back almost looked rounded off due to wear.The grain of the top half of the maple cap was very interesting and when I was sure this was the real deal and not a replica.

Enough rambling, onto pics

Not to derail the thread, but....Is that Jerry Garcia's guitar on the wall behind #1?

Brewdude

Reaction score
Not to derail the thread, but....Is that Jerry Garcia's guitar on the wall behind #1?
I believe that was indeed Jerry’s guitar. It was sort of randomly placed next to SRV’s Strat and behind #1 so it didn’t get a ton of attention but it was still cool to see.