Jimmy Page ... History of his Guitars !!!

hecube

Reaction score
Unless they did the greatest restore job ever, I don't see any evidence that the 3 switch modification he did on that guitar.
I came in here to say the same thing. It has to be the reissue, but reliced.

Pete M

Reaction score
If I were a bettin' man...I'd call BS. I'll admit I was excited to see the link to the photos, then this is what came up. It certainly looks like a vintage BB, but I don't think this is 'the' guitar. There is a serial number, so the next question would be if it were actually documented. Or an even bigger question, does it matter? Les Paul Custom (serial no. 06130

40579065443_49b38a9691_k by Jim Harley, on Flickr

AtomicModern

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
It’s absolutely conceivable that those switch holes were repaired. Especially considering the guitar was stolen and those made the guitar easily identifiable....

BrianM

Reaction score
They do seem to have his #1 and other guitars. Quite a display they have there, actually. All of my dream guitars, I'd love to visit.

Blue Blood

Reaction score
Over on the lpf I believe they spoke about the restoration of Jimmy's custom prior to it's return... specifically talking about the toggle switch ('s) hole repair work done.
I'm bringing the family to NY to see the exhibit, my oldest son and I being Zepp fans.

sk8rat

Reaction score
Over on the lpf I believe they spoke about the restoration of Jimmy's custom prior to it's return... specifically talking about the toggle switch ('s) hole repair work done.
I'm bringing the family to NY to see the exhibit, my oldest son and I being Zepp fans.
it's on display at the met showing it has been restored to factory spec.

the dragon tele was also restored and is now on display as well.

sk8rat

Reaction score
I wish! There's a couple of books to go with the exhibit that look pretty good though
the books look cool. I want to try and get out to new york before the exhibit closes.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
it's on display at the met showing it has been restored to factory spec.
All of the pics I have of Page and this guitar show it with reflector cap knobs. With this being a 1960 model, no reason to believe the reflectors were not stock. I.e., this guitar is not factory spec.

Last edited:

Blue Blood

Reaction score
Yeah - over on the LPF it seems there are a couple of guys who have actually seen the LPC since Page got it back. They said you could barely tell the repair even with the guitar in your hands.
I think a few of the big money guys over there on lpf were kind of involved with brokering the return of the guitar.
Either way ,I'm glad Jimmy got it back.

indeedido

Reaction score
I'm going to go up and see the exhibit and catch a Yankees game. Either before it gets hot or after it cools in the fall.

sk8rat

Reaction score
All of the pics I have of Page and this guitar show it with reflector cap knobs. With this being a 1960 model, no reason to believe the reflectors were not stock. I.e., this guitar is not factory spec.
I meant relative to the repair being done.